The web's largest cheats, codes, and game help site  
CHEATS | NEWS | FORUMS | REVIEWS | VIDEOS | SEARCH 

Go Back   GameWinners.com Forums > Consoles & Technology > Nintendo > Wii Consoles

Post New Thread Reply

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #1: [Thread] [Post]
Neo Matrix
Doesn't get the point of PIMI

My Way Al Sighting Forums Traveler Post Potentate SMod Mario 

Premium Member
News Editor

Guitar Hero
Wii U controller image leak shows proper analogue sticks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVG
A QA tester for Traveller's Tales, the developers of Lego Star Wars, Lego Batman and - if the rumours are true - Lego Lord of the Rings, has leaked an image of a revised version of the Wii U controller.

The most noticeable change is that the controller now features traditional analogue sticks instead of the nubs used used on the Nintendo 3DS hardware.

Beyond that the start and select buttons have been shifted over to the right hand side of the tablet and a small square button has been placed just below the directional pad, presumably this button will sync up the controller to the Wii U console.

Finally the tablet is now adorned with the Wii U branding, which might be an indication that Nintendo will be sticking to the name instead of changing it, as rumoured earlier this year. It may be that these changes are specific to dev units, but we'd be surprised if the final models aren't the same.

A report last September claimed that Nintendo had rushed the final Wii U architecture through the door "with undesirable consequences" including "inadequate streaming and wireless functionality". Insiders have claimed the Nintendo is facing "development hell" with the Wii U as the controllers supplied to developers "still don't work properly."

The tipsters mentioned issues with console's ability to stream wirelessly to the tablet and new evidence last month indicated that the Wii U tablet controller might be struggling to live up to its original billing as a fully wireless peripheral. Either way we'll find out more at E3 in June, when Nintendo will be showing it off again.
Source...

EDIT: I've edited the picture to a rotating one showing the difference between the two.

Quote Neo Matrix edited at 11:11 AM (May 21st, 2012)

YOU for posting ALL THE THINGS!!!
How else are we going to get some more activity around here?

油断せずに行って、昨日の自分より強くなりなさい。平成25年6月19日
Playing: WWE '13 (PS3), Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (PS3), Spec Ops: The Line (PS3), Dance Central (Xbox360)
Current Anime: Naruto Shippuden, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
Now Playing... in New Forums: Under Construction... again

Old June 1st, 2012, 10:40 PM   #2: [Thread] [Post]
Darth-gamer
Open Water Diver. Blub Blub.

Soldier of Fortune Trophy Forums Traveler 

Veteran Member
Premium Member

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
That frisbee puts the original Xbox duke to shame. My God is that terrible looking. :/

Old June 1st, 2012, 11:11 PM   #3: [Thread] [Post]
The Flame
Nyeh Squidward?

GameWinners Year End Award Winner Social Gamer Triple Triad Participant Steam Player Al Sighting 

Premium Member

Hero of Kvatch
The Wii U controller always looked like it'd be really uncomfortable and hand-crampy to use IMO, and while I'm glad it has normal control sticks, it just seems like raising them and spreading things out would make it worse. But then again, I don't know if it's really as huge as I remember it looking and who knows how big those hands are haha. Guess I'll just find out when I buy it.

Post New Thread Reply

GameWinners.com Forums > Consoles & Technology > Nintendo > Wii Consoles