Resident Weasel Steam Player Journeyer Sweetroller Friend O' Klowny 

Veteran Member
Premium Member
News Editor

Horadric Cube
Blizzard Apologizes For Diablo III Server Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameWinners News Article
Blizzard issued an official statement to their fans that included an apology and an update on the progress for Diablo III. According to the statement, the real-money auction house for Diablo III will be delayed past the original estimated date of May 22.

Here is the entire statement from Blizzard:

Quote:
Diablo Players:

We'd like to extend a very sincere thank you to everyone who joined the global Diablo III launch celebrations this week, as well as to everyone who was ready to jump into Sanctuary the moment the game went live.

To that end, we'd also like to say that we've been humbled by your enthusiasm -- and we sincerely regret that your crusade to bring down the Lord of Terror was thwarted not by mobs of demons, but by mortal infrastructure. As many of you are aware, technical issues occurring within hours after the game's launch led to players experiencing error messages and difficulty logging in. These issues cropped up again last night for the Americas and Europe servers. Despite very aggressive projections, our preparations for the launch of the game did not go far enough.

We've been monitoring the game 24/7 and have applied several optimizations to help our systems better weather the global rush. As of late last night, specifically 11:50 PM PDT on May 15, all systems have been online and running relatively smoothly. We're continuing to monitor performance globally and will be taking further measures as needed to ensure a positive experience for everyone. This includes some maintenance to implement additional improvements for each region.

In order to make sure everything is continuing to run as it should, we've decided to move out our target launch for the real-money auction house beyond our original estimated date of May 22. We'll post further updates on that in the near future.

Aside from the tremendous number of players simultaneously logging in to the game, one of the launch-day service issues was linked to the achievement system. Some players began to notice early on that achievements were either not being earned properly, or not being saved between multiple logins. We're investigating this issue and will provide a specific update as soon as possible.

We greatly appreciate everyone's support, and we want to sincerely apologize for the difficulties many of you encountered on day one. Please visit the Battle.net Support site or Support forums for the latest service-related updates or for help in troubleshooting any technical issues you may be having downloading, installing, or while playing the game.

Thank you again for your patience while we reinforce the gates of Sanctuary and further strengthen it for your onslaught.

Respectfully,
Blizzard Entertainment
I haven't had any problems so far, but at least Blizzard cares about their fans.

Quote Nimbus edited at 12:59 PM (May 17th, 2012)

Old May 17th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #2: [Thread] [Post]
Rabid
NEED MOAR DEE-PEE-ESS

Vault Dweller Wasteland Survivor Forums Traveler Friend O' Klowny Lose the Loose! 

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Horadric Cube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I haven't had any problems so far, but at least Blizzard cares about their fans.
In all the years that I played WoW, this was pretty my thought. I felt that most of the time, they at least did as much as they should.

Mankind's true moral test,
is fundamental test
which lies deeply buried from view,
consists of its attitude towards those who are at its mercy.
And in this respect mankind has suffered a fundamental debacle,
a debacle so fundamental that all others stem from it.

Old May 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #3: [Thread] [Post]
Argh
Never Serious

Veteran Member

Fairy-in-a-Bottle
Once you actually get in, it's more stable than D2 ever was, at least for me.

Old May 20th, 2012, 04:17 AM   #4: [Thread] [Post]
modi25
Making negative sense

Veteran Member

Press Start
They should apologize for the atrocious frame rate stuttering too.

Old May 20th, 2012, 05:58 AM   #5: [Thread] [Post]
Crazy Jamie
First recipient of the Amaloo Award

GameWinners Year End Award Winner EPIC POST! Steam Player Resident Weasel Amaloo Prize 

Super Moderator
Premium Member

M-M-M-Monster Kill!
To be fair, Blizzard have always seemed to be one of those companies that were genuine in their appreciation for the consumers who buy their products. It's nice to see an apology so soon after launch, especially considering the widely publicised problems.

"Mind if I use your phone? If word gets out that I'm missing five hundred girls will kill themselves."

Post New Thread Reply

GameWinners.com Forums > General Game Discussion > General Game Help