Post New Thread Reply    

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2012, 01:57 AM   #31: [Thread] [Post]
Whale Biologist
#lethalweapon

Decade Award 

Veteran Member

Horadric Cube
I have a 3DS because I like Mario Kart, but ironically I don't take it anywhere unless I'm getting on a plane or I'll be gone for the weekend. I got it as a Xmas present, but a handheld gaming device isn't something I'd buy because I have Angry Birds, which costs $1 and Words with Friends, which is free.

I'm impressed with the Vita but I won't buy one. I can't afford it.
  All I want for Christmas is a Premium Membership...  

Old March 3rd, 2012, 08:09 PM   #32: [Thread] [Post]
Puffy Ghost

Grammar Nazi 

Horadric Cube
Quote:
Had zero interest in the vita and then i saw a review of Hot Shots Golf.. now I have slight interest. I really love HSG
That's pretty much the only reason I kept my PSP for as long as I did. HSG is the sh*t, and if I ever do buy a Vita, I'll definitely be grabbing HSG.

Quote:
Mario Kart and SM3D as it's best games and MGS3D ( another inferior console port) heading down the pike. All those games as watered down console games.
I suppose you'd have to forget about Tales of The Abyss, Shinobi, Cave Story, Kid Icarus, Heroes of Ruin, and Myst 3D...but you know whatever :\

The 3DS is obviously going to get it's fair share of console ports (why wouldn't it?) it's also going to have a massive amount of games you can't play anywhere else. And looking at the Vita release schedule...

For all I know the Vita could end up awesome, and the library could totally toast the 3DS'...I just really doubt it, given the way Sony handled the PSP, and how mediocre the reception to the Vita has been.

Old March 3rd, 2012, 10:02 PM   #33: [Thread] [Post]
Nicodemus
Sausage King of Chicago

Drew Something Guess the Picture Bindle of Excellence Post Potentate EPIC POST! 

Premium Member

Guitar Hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy Ghost View Post
That's pretty much the only reason I kept my PSP for as long as I did. HSG is the sh*t, and if I ever do buy a Vita, I'll definitely be grabbing HSG.
1-4-3, HSG buddy!

Old March 9th, 2012, 05:35 AM   #34: [Thread] [Post]
puertorock_papi
Semper Fi

From the Grave 

Veteran Member

Horadric Cube
Quote:

I suppose you'd have to forget about Tales of The Abyss, Shinobi, Cave Story, Kid Icarus, Heroes of Ruin, and Myst 3D...but you know whatever :\

The 3DS is obviously going to get it's fair share of console ports (why wouldn't it?) it's also going to have a massive amount of games you can't play anywhere else. And looking at the Vita release schedule...

For all I know the Vita could end up awesome, and the library could totally toast the 3DS'...I just really doubt it, given the way Sony handled the PSP, and how mediocre the reception to the Vita has been.
Tales of the Abyss for 3DS is a PS2 port (another console game) and Caver story was first a PC game that went to Wiiware and now a remake for 3DS. And Myst 3D is a PC game that has been ported to consoles and handhelds.

So actually what you ended up doing was to show even more examples watered down consoles and PC ports.

But what I do find funny, this is the 2nd or 3rd time you mentioned your disappointment in Vita's upcoming schedule which is fine cause to each his own, but I still find it odd that you mentioned Shinobi for 3DS so I assume that is something you're looking forward too yet Vita which is getting Shinobi some how is disappointing? How convenient.

A comparison of the two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvep9AVr6IM
  "If it becomes too popular, we just cannot produce enough consoles. [laughs]
- Shigeru Miyamoto (asked what was his greatest system concern for Gamecube at E3 2001)"

Old March 9th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #35: [Thread] [Post]
Puffy Ghost

Grammar Nazi 

Horadric Cube
Quote:
But what I do find funny, this is the 2nd or 3rd time you mentioned your disappointment in Vita's upcoming schedule which is fine cause to each his own, but I still find it odd that you mentioned Shinobi for 3DS so I assume that is something you're looking forward too yet Vita which is getting Shinobi some how is disappointing? How convenient.
You realize those aren't even the same game right?

Old March 9th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #36: [Thread] [Post]
Supplice
I went slow once and it was awful.

Triple Triad Participant 

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Horadric Cube
Phantasy Star Online 2 confirmed for BrawlVita!
  Destiny calls! Do you dare...witness its aurora?! Majestic Gate!
Know your enemy, know yourself, and maybe next time you won't get pushed off my world.
Dishing out blueplates like this was a diner since '98, and comboing ASMD since '99.

Old March 9th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #37: [Thread] [Post]
Warp
Loves Everything

Wolf Wear Decade Award Forums Traveler News Editor Mod Mario 

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
News Editor

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Cross-compatibility with PC to boot, so... that's quite huge. Like, really. Say goodbye to your social lives, Japanese gamers! The only downside is that it's not going to release until next year, so that's not going to help Vita's sluggish sales in the foreseeable future.

And don't you dare screw the rest of us over, Sega.
  Now Playing: Final Fantasy XI

Recently Cleared: X-Men: The Arcade Game (03.26)
Soon-ish: ...

Old March 12th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #38: [Thread] [Post]
puertorock_papi
Semper Fi

From the Grave 

Veteran Member

Horadric Cube
Quote:
You realize those aren't even the same game right?
I know. One is 3DS (automatically considered interesting) and the other is Vita (automatically considered not interesting).

The point I'm making is the 3DS version looks abysmal yet that still gets a note worthy pass. Or in other words you're willing to try day old **** but God forbid you order a Big Mac from McDonalds.
  "If it becomes too popular, we just cannot produce enough consoles. [laughs]
- Shigeru Miyamoto (asked what was his greatest system concern for Gamecube at E3 2001)"

Old March 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #39: [Thread] [Post]
Puffy Ghost

Grammar Nazi 

Horadric Cube
Quote:
Phantasy Star Online 2 confirmed for BrawlVita!
There's a win.

Quote:
The point I'm making is the 3DS version looks abysmal yet that still gets a note worthy pass. Or in other words you're willing to try day old **** but God forbid you order a Big Mac from McDonalds.
Actually, it's that I'd rather play a 2D platformer than a 3D "assassin" game. If either of the games looks awful it's the Vita's Shinobido 2.

Everything kind of starts blending together in Shinobi though, the platforming itself is quite good, but you fight the same enemies constantly and there's not really enough variety to the basic enemies to keep some levels engaging. All the normal enemies are basically just fodder for the boss battles, which thankfully are really good. In the end it was worth the $17 I paid for it on Amazon.

Post New Thread Reply

GameWinners.com Forums > Consoles & Technology > Console Combat