Post New Thread Closed Thread

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #1: [Thread] [Post]
Ron.
Rockin' the Penguin

Veteran Member

Horadric Cube
SPAM infraction for a simple question

This morning I received a SPAM infraction from Nicodemus. My post was from over a week ago and everyone but him seemed to be fine with it.

Thread and post: http://forums.gamewinners.com/forums...15#post8517615

Why did I ask that question? Because it seemed that would be a thread you would find in the PS3 forum only. What would a Wii or Xbox fanboy argue over it? "OMG YOU GUYS GET FREE GAMES WTF!??!?"

If that simple question warranted SPAM, then why hasn't zesspa been banned for flamming or SPAM with all of his unneeded posts in CC?

\  

Old May 25th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #2: [Thread] [Post]
Nicodemus
Sausage King of Chicago

Drew Something Guess the Picture Bindle of Excellence Post Potentate EPIC POST! 

Premium Member

Guitar Hero
You got a SPAM warning because it is a SPAM post. It's simple, really.

FYI, I haven't been posting on the forums for the last week or so because I've been away on business, and now I'm back and found your SPAM and warned you for it.

Old May 25th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #3: [Thread] [Post]
Ron.
Rockin' the Penguin

Veteran Member

Horadric Cube
How can someone take you seriously as a moderator if you give out an infraction for asking a semi-on-topic question, but let direct flaming and SPAM by other members slide under the radar? Had that been another moderator, or member, you would not have even thought about a SPAM infraction.

Quote:
If you two don't like the discussion then don't participate.
Who said I didn't like the discussion?

Quote:
They post it here, as puertorockpapi pointed out, to discuss in a pro/con manner with the folks that frequent this forum.
Okay, he answered my question the first time and after that everyone went on their merry way.

Quote:
I've seen TD do this in other threads too, and that's enough.
It also seems like you are taking this on a personal level.

Quote:
No one here answers to you
No one here answers to me? Again I never told anyone to do anything. Just a simple question pertaining to the topic.

Quote:
and as long as it's a video game issue that has two sides to be argued then it is welcome in CC.
Again, I didn't understand what side he was talking about. From what I saw, it was a one sided issue.

\  

Old May 25th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #4: [Thread] [Post]
Nicodemus
Sausage King of Chicago

Premium Member

Guitar Hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Had that been another moderator, or member, you would not have even thought about a SPAM infraction.

It also seems like you are taking this on a personal level.
I don't see how this could be personal when I don't even know who you are.
Quote:
No one here answers to me? Again I never told anyone to do anything. Just a simple question pertaining to the topic.
Asking a question of someone to explain there actions is exactly wanting them to answer to you.
Quote:
Again, I didn't understand what side he was talking about. From what I saw, it was a one sided issue.
Then you should have reported it. The PSN issue has been a hot button issue in Console Combat, so it's perfectly reasonable for the participants to want to continue to discuss the issue as the situation evolves. In the other discussion, Xbox Live going down for Xmas had been brought up numerous times in comparison since they went ahead and gave everyone a free game. It's also been said that 360/Wii fans just want Sony to fail and would not accept anything as being good enough. That's why the topic exists in CC.

All of that aside, You don't mod the forum and it's not for you to decide what stays and goes. Your post was all of 5 words and had nothing to do with the topic, it only questioned the location of the thread itself. It is SPAM in every sense of the word.

Nicodemus edited at 12:26 PM (May 25th, 2011)

Old May 25th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #5: [Thread] [Post]
Ron.
Rockin' the Penguin

Veteran Member

Horadric Cube
Quote:
The PSN issue has been a hot button issue in Console Combat, so it's perfectly reasonable for the participants to want to continue to discuss the issue as the situation evolves.
Again that is fine, I was just ignorant of the reason for the topic.

Quote:
That's why the topic exists in CC.
Thanks for clarifying that a third time.

Quote:
You don't mod the forum and it's not for you to decide what stays and goes.
Never said that I mod forum, nor did I say that the topic could stay or go. Was just clarifying my thoughts?

Quote:
Your post was all of 5 words and had nothing to do with the topic, it only questioned the location of the thread itself. It is SPAM in every sense of the word.
From what I am gathering here, I could have wrote "Why is this in CC? Because from my point of view this is a one sided-topic. I do not see how you can get a negative out of free games unless you want to flame Sony" and it would not have been SPAM.

Can't edit my post, so merging.

'Was just clarifying my thoughts?' should not have a question mark on the end.

Ron. edited at 12:32 PM (May 25th, 2011) (Reason: Multi-Post)
  \  

Old May 27th, 2011, 08:26 AM   #6: [Thread] [Post]
Nicodemus
Sausage King of Chicago

Premium Member

Guitar Hero
Quote:
From what I am gathering here, I could have wrote "Why is this in CC? Because from my point of view this is a one sided-topic. I do not see how you can get a negative out of free games unless you want to flame Sony" and it would not have been SPAM.
No, you would still be warned for SPAM. The discussion is not about whether or not the thread belongs in CC, the discussion is about the PSN outage and the freebies.

Now people are in the thread arguing about whether or not the thread should be in CC.. those are all off topic because of your post, that's why your post is SPAM and that's why you were warned for it.

Old May 27th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #7: [Thread] [Post]
Rick52

GameWinners Year End Award Winner Triple Triad Participant Decade Award Post Potentate SMod Mario 

Super Moderator

Silent Assassin
I'm going to side with Nicodemus on this one.

Going into a topic and, instead of discussing the topic at hand regardless of its supposed merit in that forum (in which case you probably should've posted nothing and report it and let Nicodemus handle it), you go "what's this doing here?" without adding anything at all to the topic. It was stupid, pointless and annoying, and also a message, so its SPAM.

TD also made a similar comment later in the thread (namely the one where he agrees with you), but then he followed it up by posting content relevent to the thread. If you had gone "What's this doing here? Oh well, I'm probably going to end up getting this game", then you probably would've been fine.

Also, anything else Nicodemus may or may not allow isn't relevant to this particular warning. If he lets a guy get away with doing one thing, that doesn't mean that suddenly your SPAM warning is less legit or worthy of warning.

As for the timing of the warning (being a week after the post was made), Nicodemus gave an explanation for his delay, and I'm fine with that explanation.

So the warning stands. If for some reason another Smod or Admin wants to chime in on this they're more than welcomed to, but in the meantime this case is closed.

Post New Thread Closed Thread

GameWinners.com Forums > Forum Help > GameWinners Court