CHEATS | NEWS | FORUMS | REVIEWS | VIDEOS | SEARCH 

Go Back   GameWinners.com Forums > Consoles & Technology > Microsoft > Xbox 360

Post New Thread Reply

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:58 PM   #1: [Thread] [Post]
baldman14

Press Start
Downloadable Content is Damaged

Alright so i borrowed my friends hard drive to download the new map pack for waw and it works on my xbox but when we try it on his it comes up with the message "Downloadable Content is Damaged." I have read on some other forums that it may be that the internet isn't connected but he doesnt have high speed. I was just wondering is there some way around this?

Old May 14th, 2009, 06:00 PM   #2: [Thread] [Post]
Spiner202

NFL Pick 'Em Soldier of Fortune Trophy Post Potentate M&R Playlist Jukebox News Editor 

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
Premium Member

Silent Assassin
I'm fairly certain that to be able to use the DLC you need to be connected to live if you are not on the same account. Bring his xbox to your place (if possible) and try it out there and see if it works. If it does then it's because you aren't connected to live.

Old May 14th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #3: [Thread] [Post]
baldman14

Press Start
Alright thanks ill try

Old May 20th, 2009, 05:21 PM   #4: [Thread] [Post]
baldman14

Press Start
Its kinda weird it seems to work on my xbox but when we try it on his it doesnt. You think it might be because his xbox is really old and mine is a new one?

Old May 20th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #5: [Thread] [Post]
Spiner202

NFL Pick 'Em Soldier of Fortune Trophy Post Potentate M&R Playlist Jukebox News Editor 

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
Premium Member

Silent Assassin
That shouldn't have anything to do with it. I'm fairly certain that it isn't dependent on the xbox.

I'm gonna go ahead and move this thread to the Xbox forum where they know more about these kind of problems.

Old May 20th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #6: [Thread] [Post]
Warp
Loves Everything

Wolf Wear Decade Award Forums Traveler News Editor Mod Mario 

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
News Editor

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202
I'm fairly certain that to be able to use the DLC you need to be connected to live if you are not on the same account.
Not exactly. The DLC in this case is assigned to baldman14's Xbox 360, whatever profile he used to purchase the maps and his friend's hard drive. In order to use those maps on any other Xbox 360 (or with any other hard drive) that console must be connected to Xbox Live and the profile that purchased the maps must be signed in. You need both or you can't play with the DLC.

Another alternative is to transfer the rights from your Xbox 360 to his Xbox 360, however you can only do that once every few months (6 or 12, I can't recall which) and that will transfer the rights to all the downloads made with that console, not just the World at War map pack.

Currently, because of your friend's lack of suitable internet, you'll either need to play those maps at your house or you'll need to take your console over to his house. You can play those maps offline so long as you're using your console and his hard drive; you don't even need to have a profile signed in as long as those conditions are met.
  Deleting the bookmark. Take care, and thanks for the memories.  

Old May 20th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #7: [Thread] [Post]
baldman14

Press Start
Alright that sounds like whats happening thanks for the help

Old May 21st, 2009, 10:44 AM   #8: [Thread] [Post]
Supplice
I went slow once and it was awful.

Triple Triad Participant 

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Horadric Cube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrcyphfeid View Post
Not exactly. The DLC in this case is assigned to baldman14's Xbox 360, whatever profile he used to purchase the maps and his friend's hard drive. In order to use those maps on any other Xbox 360 (or with any other hard drive) that console must be connected to Xbox Live and the profile that purchased the maps must be signed in. You need both or you can't play with the DLC.

Another alternative is to transfer the rights from your Xbox 360 to his Xbox 360, however you can only do that once every few months (6 or 12, I can't recall which) and that will transfer the rights to all the downloads made with that console, not just the World at War map pack.

Currently, because of your friend's lack of suitable internet, you'll either need to play those maps at your house or you'll need to take your console over to his house. You can play those maps offline so long as you're using your console and his hard drive; you don't even need to have a profile signed in as long as those conditions are met.
Beat me to it. More or less, what you ran into was Microsoft's attempt at limiting piracy of DLC. It works fairly well, whic his surprising, considerin' the source.
  Destiny calls! Do you dare...witness its aurora?! Majestic Gate!
Know your enemy, know yourself, and maybe next time you won't get pushed off my world.
Dishing out blueplates like this was a diner since '98, and comboing ASMD since '99.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 04:42 PM   #9: [Thread] [Post]
Watch Ryder
New User

New User

Press Start
Just had my Xbox replaced by microsoft due to the Red Rings of Death.

The new xbox now won't let other profiles use COD5 map packs!!
It will let me play it with the one gamertag I downloaded it with but not my main gamertag which I have all my gamerpoints on.

I try signing in like it says with the profile I downloaded it with on msn and live but still nothing!

Well done Microsoft! You open one door only to close another in my face!

Old July 23rd, 2009, 04:55 PM   #10: [Thread] [Post]
Warp
Loves Everything

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
News Editor

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch Ryder
I try signing in like it says with the profile I downloaded it with on msn and live but still nothing!
Is this what you're trying to use? If not, follow that with the GamerTag that originally downloaded the World at War maps and you should be good to go. I've never been through the process myself, so someone like Arrivederci would have to help if you're encountering some sort of error while trying to transfer your DLC's licenses.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 08:30 PM   #11: [Thread] [Post]
Watch Ryder
New User

New User

Press Start
It lets me play the zombie maps with the uk based gamertag and also let me use my us based gamer tag.
Until now though it's saying the downloadable content is damaged when I sign in with my US based tag!
This is the one with all my gamerpoints!

Old July 24th, 2009, 12:54 PM   #12: [Thread] [Post]
Warp
Loves Everything

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
News Editor

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch Ryder
It lets me play the zombie maps with the uk based gamertag and also let me use my us based gamer tag.
Until now though it's saying the downloadable content is damaged when I sign in with my US based tag!
Do you have a secondary UK account that you can try using? It may well be region lock mechanisms interfering if you've already done the license migration and it refuses to work. Though that's mere speculation based on second-hand information; I have no experience whatsoever with cross-region DLC usage.

Post New Thread Reply

GameWinners.com Forums > Consoles & Technology > Microsoft > Xbox 360