The web's largest cheats, codes, and game help site  
CHEATS | NEWS | FORUMS | REVIEWS | VIDEOS | SEARCH 

Go Back   GameWinners.com Forums > Consoles & Technology > Past Generations > Past Generations > PlayStation 2

Post New Thread Closed Thread

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2009, 07:12 PM   #1: [Thread] [Post]
christopher123

Grunt
Ps2 super slim not working after mod chip install attempt

I bought a ps2 superslim scph 90004 PAL system with mother board version GH-070-42 and tried modding it with a modbo 4.0. The installation went fine and could play any game cd/dvd copies or original cd/dvd's, the modbo mod chip was working very much but while trying to flash the firmware on it - the ps2 wouldnt show up with anything at all then on. What happened was i wanted to take out the modbo and I opened up the ps2. One chip leg came off from the CD/DVD controller chip on my ps2 motherboard with the name "CXD 3098AQ 2001 SCEI 803A39P HA 77932.1" printed on it's top. Managed to solder the broken off chip leg end points together somehow after slowly scraping up the mother board with a razor blade and soldered one point of a wire onto that exposed copper track on the board (which seemingly seemed to me that this track on the motherboard should exist as the track which lyes fixed to the broken chip leg) and stuck one end of this wire onto within the hole from where the chip leg broke from which exists built in on the IC. This chip leg which came off from the cd/dvd controller chip is
where the "H" point of the mod chip wire are stuck to. The ps2 managed to boot up without the modbo and the laser arm moved upto the middle but without it's red laser beam, and the spindle motor wont turn and wouldnt play any cd's or dvd's and there were no video and audio intro or any thing except the ps2 would have it's red and green lights functioning. Wanted to find out why the spindle wont turn with a cd/dvd (or uninserted) and noticed the plug socket where the spindle motors ribbon cable plugs on the motherboard has a tiny resistor 1mm in length ( I guess it's a resistor ) burnt out with no connectivity or resistance on my multimeter, which seems to me is the reason why the ps2 spindle wont turn, should be because while I messed with my ps2 earlier I pushed in the spindle motor ribbon and the leg on the ribbon was found to have been bent and shorted the connection. The absense of welcome screen should be a corrupted memory buffer of the ps2's because of my modbo failiure during it's firmware flashing. So , right now got this small resistor ends soldered to a 2.5 amp glass fuse which dosent seem to sort out anything.

Bought and tried to install a original matrix infinity green dot in the hope that the new mod chip would cure my trouble along with it's 1k-resistor-fix as mentioned in other forums which helps it to run on my ps2 verion 18. After soldering all the green dot modchip legs where all mentioned at it's diagrams correctly, I used a multimeter and noticed that I burnt the ps14 tiny 202 resistor fuse during this mod chip install and then attached it's end points to this 2.5 amp glass fuse. The ps2's red and green light LED is still there except the green light wouldnt turn off once switched on and the laser wouldnt
move now to the center. Then noticed that the ps2 laser ribbon cable which is "L" shaped which runs from the laser to the mother board has a loose clip. The clip on the mother board which has this brown clip on it's top which locks the ribbon cable within the motherboard seems to have come a bit loose, I worked around it by sticking a plaster to hold the cable in . What now is happening is that, the ps2 doesnt work but has it's red light and then when i push onto once more - the green LED lights up and no video or audio (intro of the ps2) and the lasers totally immobile, it dosent move a bit and the fans not
moving anymore, and the green LED wont switch off and I got to unplug the ps2 from the walls to switch it off and i dont know what to do, would you guide me on how to repair my ps2 superslim by your expertise ?

I trimmed off the ribbon edges and scraped out the ribbon to show up the inner pins and attached behind the blue plastic thick tab to correct the damaged ribbons which I did snap, from the ribbon that comes out from the snake motor to the motherboard and the reset/power ribbon which went bad during my work arounds. The ribbons seemed to work good enough after this workaround. This is the workaround for the broken ribbons. I took out the ribbon from a old dvd and cut through it to get the 8pin ribbon look alike and it worked like how it was posted within this website. The ribbon for a new one from within a DVD player might cost like a $0.10 a ribbon of about a 5 inches in length. Looks exactly the same and the reset/power switch which wasnt working before after the first opening up of my ps2 worked well except the laser dint light up which i found out to be the tiny resistor next to the spindle ribbon cable slot on the mother board burning off as i mentioned.

I trimmed off the ribbon edges and scraped out the ribbon to show up the inner pins and attached behind the blue plastic thick tab to correct the damaged ribbons which I did snap, from the ribbon that comes out from the snake motor to the motherboard and the reset/power ribbon which went bad during my work arounds. The ribbons seemed to work good enough after this workaround. This is the workaround for the broken ribbons. I took out the ribbon from a old dvd and cut through it to get the 8pin ribbon look alike and it worked like how it was posted within this website. The ribbon for a new one from within a DVD player might cost like a $0.10 a ribbon of about a 5 inches in length. Looks exactly the same now and the reset/power switch which wasnt working before after the first opening up of my ps2 worked well except the laser dint light up which i found out to be the tiny resistor next to the spindle ribbon cable slot on the mother board burning off as i mentioned.

These are important websites you might need. Console gaming supermarkets are there, filesharing websites are there , shop ratings worldwide are there, currency converters are there, websites for ps2 and gaming consoles are there. Most of these host a lot and a ton of free things and shared games.

1. consolesource ( has the lowest shipping rates international in the internet ),. ships the most quickest. Its a internet supermarket for gaming consoles and products.

2. ebay

3. resellerratings ( where you could find shops ratings )

4. sksapps (Free utilities, tutorials, programs, and such a lot of free programs)

5. Could use the ebay money converter to convert international product pricings to your currency.

You could download "limewire" <-- it's a filesharing software program or other file sharing softwares to download games freely from other gamers who are willing to share.

Lots of ps2 games which works fully are shared everywhere on the internet, lots of sites are there where you could download shared ps2 games from. You could type down "download" then followed by a comma and a space and then put the game name there and hit enter in google to get to those shared games on different various websites.

You could use Torrent programes like utorrent , ABC torrent, (free software) and open up this website "btjunkie.org" and type down "ps2 dvd" on it's search column and hit enter to get to all the games that are shared. You download the small torrent files from this website and then you use this tiny file on these said torrent software programs to download the games shared by other gamers. ( you could optimise the torrent software download speed by googling - optimise utorrent speed and such to get the speeds faster by manually adjusting the software,--> giving "optimise" "maximise speed" "increase speed " and the torrent software name along with these keywords.)

Thanks.

6. btjunkie.org

7. eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php?pagename=Ps2VersionTable <-- ( dont type down the "com" here , instead type down the initial general address missing elements to get to the ps2 version chart tables )

8. wikipedia.org ( online encyclopedia where you could browse anything about anything, and what all about ps2's and game listings and such , a lot of scientifical information and much more information on this encyclopediac database, it's free to browse or to take printouts.)

9. gamestop ( same as the next one which follows).

10. ebgames ( where you could get refurbished and such ps2 consoles including games in working condition, perhaps to get to the parts you might need or to own one. )

//// be sure about any other websites you might want to shop old ps2's or refurbished, because scammers are waiting all over to jump at your money and confiscate if you deliberately fall for a spam website other than these said by me.

* all of these websites needs to be entered with the missing initial adress elements in the address along with the ending "com" element unless specified with another; while entering the address onto your internet explorer to get to these websites |||| except the torrent website btjunkie.org where you neednt enter the "www" but still you need to enter the rest of the missing initial elements . [cant find any other way to list these websites because the forum demands me to post 15 times and then only i'd be allowed to prop up other website names and i dont know how i could do that unless someone replies to my querie, and i wanted anyone who needs these information to be good for them at the earliest].

Another thing for the ps2 are the "ROMS" <---- these are video game programs for old nintendo handhelds and such handhelds or for other gaming consoles which you could emulate on in Ps2 consoles you have got. It's a very interesting thingy to play with on your ps2. You download these ROMS by googling "download Nintendo ROMS" or " download Super Nintendo ROMS" or "download SEGA ROMS" or "download Super Nintendo entire ROM collection" or "download nintendo entire ROM collection" and such to get to these ROMS which you could put on a CD or the Hard disk and play in your Playstation 2. You could hold like a ton of such games in a DVD and play like anything millions of these ROMS by emulating them. If you dont know what emulation is, you got to google the information. Its to replicate other gaming consoles onto your PS2 and play . It's so beautiful, all within your home would love these. Zillions of them available for free downloads from zillions of websites. ROMS for ATARI game consoles, GAME and WATCH handheld ROMS and anything you need. Download them all collection wise and keep stored in your computer hard disk or DVDs you could make from procedures you got to google the information. Its about keeping an emulator software on a DVD and then all these ROMs within the DVD and playing them. You dont require a harddisk either. Go ahead and play the whole gaming industry, i love it, so would you too.

christopher123 edited at 07:12 PM (January 1st, 2009) (Reason: Multi-Post)

Old January 1st, 2009, 07:17 PM   #2: [Thread] [Post]
Heretic Monkey
Been here 10 years and only 4.6k posts?

Y2K Decade Award 

Veteran Member

Horadric Cube
I can't tell if this is just advertising spam or an honest attempt for help. Either way, mod chips are illegal, and advertising is against the site's TOS, so you're on your own.

Old January 1st, 2009, 09:15 PM   #3: [Thread] [Post]
christopher123

Grunt
mod chips arent illegal in most parts of the world, this is an international space isnt it?

Anyway i happened to start a new thread accidently being new to a forum posting and querie, so accidently started a new thread. You could view the remaining part in this forum by reading the thread "Repairing your PS2" <--- do come to this thread for the remaining part.

are you all drunk or some kind of a illiteracy within a forum ? why someone put me this negative reputation out on my post ? I dont see why you happen to contort what you dont have anything about any inkling on any statistics or law view point about a subject that's been throttled out anywhere, you find everything disgusting or do you subject people to wanton plight you do rope around the noose or something ? I dont see the point in visiting your forum if i dont find an answer within the other page where i'm switching to. "Repairing your PS2"

okay, i'm leaving the forums of yours and your threads and what all. Good bye. You could ave had like about lets see the ultimatum to any question you ever had by me. Explicitly put down, each sentence would ave' been about like a $500 buck to each kid out there. Have a happy time banning others and trying to spread your ink out to these internet web pages. You would get the people down, i'm a scientist. Remember, any messages is like about a million to anybody out there. You ruined it. You are a bad person. Good bye. All my projects gets sky high, i'm not going to do that. You and your kids pay up for each thing out on the websites. Serves you. You have no remedy for your bad concience. You would get exploited and you would exploit the whole of the internet. There's nothing you could do out there, a program from me is like worth millions out there, any kid would save like a $500 buck and clap like it's christmas all over the year around. Good bye, i'm not going to do it or appreciate your ill concience.

it's some game playing machine and it's all full of minute substitutes towards larger components you could buy from anywhere, you need the schematic's ?, you require the diagrams ?, you require the intergrated circuits logics and what all, you are disciplined towards any kid out on the internet. You require a board you could specifically make by yourself and plug onto with some wires you personally could adhere onto sockets and make the ps2 work like a bright new one. you require mod chips by be you could do for yourself, you require softwares your kid could blow his horn about to his lil girlfriend, you require anything from your dreams i'd do it asleep, you are so much a wrong person. good bye.

christopher123 edited at 09:15 PM (January 1st, 2009) (Reason: Multi-Post)

Old January 1st, 2009, 09:24 PM   #4: [Thread] [Post]
Tommy
Veteran Member

Mod Mario From the Grave Triple Triad Participant Post Potentate Y2K 

Veteran Member

Horadric Cube
Hmm ...

Yeah, unfortunately this illegal activity is not allowed at Gamewinners.com... I appreciate your insight though...

~Closed~

||

Post New Thread Closed Thread

GameWinners.com Forums > Consoles & Technology > Past Generations > Past Generations > PlayStation 2