The web's largest cheats, codes, and game help site  
CHEATS | NEWS | FORUMS | REVIEWS | VIDEOS | SEARCH 

Go Back   GameWinners.com Forums > Focused Game Discussion > Role Playing > Final Fantasy Series

Post New Thread Reply

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2008, 09:35 AM   #1: [Thread] [Post]
m4tt
Increasingly absent

Biggs & Wedge Triple Triad Participant Triple Triad Triumph Forums Traveler Post Potentate 

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator

Silent Assassin
XII - Eksir Berries

I've picked up some Eksir Berries in the Nam-Yensa and want to use them on the Garuda to weaken it. I'm wondering if I'll need them later in the game, or if Garuda is the only foe affected by them.

Old August 3rd, 2008, 10:27 AM   #2: [Thread] [Post]
Rachel
Dragonfly Catcher

Friend O' Klowny Decade Award Post Potentate Wonder Week! 

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator

I believe so. I was surprised because I could've easily killed it without the berries anyway. The item description says something like, the Garuda doesn't like these or some such.

Old August 3rd, 2008, 04:55 PM   #3: [Thread] [Post]
Jay Leno
FOLGERS IS LIKE DIRT, BUT IN WATER

GameWinners Year End Award Winner Al Sighting M&R Playlist Jukebox 

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
Premium Member

Civil Protection
you fight a couple more garudas later in the game, but you won't have any problem with them then.

◥▶◀◤

Old August 4th, 2008, 06:50 AM   #4: [Thread] [Post]
Lacarus
White and nerdy

Decade Award 

Veteran Member

Garudas and Garuda-Edis will be generic fiends later in game at some location I can't remember right now. You can you the berries on them as well although it will be most useful outside the Tomb of Raithwal.

you're beautiful

Old August 4th, 2008, 01:48 PM   #5: [Thread] [Post]
m4tt
Increasingly absent

Biggs & Wedge Triple Triad Participant Triple Triad Triumph Forums Traveler Post Potentate 

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator

Silent Assassin
So I can get more berries later? That's good to know. I want to be very careful with my items this time around so I don't accidentally miss any useful Bazaar creations.

For the Garuda I'm thinking of using Penelo and Ashe to cast Dark/Cure, Fran use her bow and Vossler to use Telekinesis. Is that a sound strategy?

Old August 4th, 2008, 05:24 PM   #6: [Thread] [Post]
Rachel
Dragonfly Catcher

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator

Quote:
So I can get more berries later?
no. There's only one Garuda in the game. The rest are Garuda-Egi, which are unaffected (I think I tried it once).

Quote:
I want to be very careful with my items this time around so I don't accidentally miss any useful Bazaar creations.
Well, I think there are only a few loot items like that...the serpentskin, whatever that one dark flan carries. But anyway, that's not used for the Bazaar.

Quote:
For the Garuda I'm thinking of using Penelo and Ashe to cast Dark/Cure, Fran use her bow and Vossler to use Telekinesis. Is that a sound strategy?
...Sounds like a Split Infinity strat. >=| Anyway, I think it couldn't hurt to have a gunner? They have the best accuracy, after all. Unless I think you said you were limiting yourself to certain classes...

Old August 4th, 2008, 11:29 PM   #7: [Thread] [Post]
MidnightBlue
Oh! Fore! I mean five! I mean fire!

Forums Traveler From the Grave 

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Horadric Cube
It didnt seem to me like the Eskir Berries did that much damage to the Garuda anyway, so it was almost not worth using them.

Old August 5th, 2008, 04:22 AM   #8: [Thread] [Post]
Lacarus
White and nerdy

Decade Award 

Veteran Member

It's not so much the damage it does, but it does weaken it's defence and offense significantly.

you're beautiful

Old August 5th, 2008, 08:23 AM   #9: [Thread] [Post]
m4tt
Increasingly absent

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator

Silent Assassin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksmf
...Sounds like a Split Infinity strat. >=|
Split suggests I KO Vossler, put the Garuda to sleep and reflect Dark off my characters. Far too much effort, especially if it's as easy as you say.

Quote:
Anyway, I think it couldn't hurt to have a gunner? They have the best accuracy, after all. Unless I think you said you were limiting yourself to certain classes...
I'm loosely following the classes from the International Zodiac version and Vaan is the only one who can use guns, but he's fairing well with a Chopper and shield at the moment. I have two Red Mages and an Archer so they should be able to cope.

Old August 5th, 2008, 09:09 AM   #10: [Thread] [Post]
Rachel
Dragonfly Catcher

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator

Quote:
Split suggests I KO Vossler, put the Garuda to sleep and reflect Dark off my characters. Far too much effort, especially if it's as easy as you say.
I meant the fact that he never shuts up about the girls in his walkthrough. >_>

btw, my "strategy" was to use a bunch of quickenings. I assume you seem to be taking a different route from that. Will be harder if so.

Quote:
I'm loosely following the classes from the International Zodiac version and Vaan is the only one who can use guns, but he's fairing well with a Chopper and shield at the moment. I have two Red Mages and an Archer so they should be able to cope.
...? I thought Balthier can use guns. It's his starting weapon. Unless you mean you've placed him under another "class" and you don't want him to use it.

Does Garuda have any elemental weaknesses? I think I used some black magick for the fight, can't remember what...

Old August 5th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #11: [Thread] [Post]
m4tt
Increasingly absent

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator

Silent Assassin
Quote:
I meant the fact that he never shuts up about the girls in his walkthrough. >_>
Oh, didn't know that. I've never read any of his guides all the way through. I just Ctrl+F the thing I want.

Quote:
btw, my "strategy" was to use a bunch of quickenings. I assume you seem to be taking a different route from that. Will be harder if so.
I've not stopped to train for any length of time, and as a result Penelo is the only one to learn a Quickening. I want a second to raise her MP, but that's the only reason. I think I only use Quickenings once during my last run, on the second Demon Wall.

Quote:
...? I thought Balthier can use guns. It's his starting weapon. Unless you mean you've placed him under another "class" and you don't want him to use it.
Okay, technically Balthier and a couple of others have the gun licences so they can use guns, but I don't want them to.

Quote:
Does Garuda have any elemental weaknesses? I think I used some black magick for the fight, can't remember what...
Yep, that would be Dark.

Old August 9th, 2008, 11:12 AM   #12: [Thread] [Post]
jackoftrades
im so fail to make you all look good

Veteran Member

Press Start
the garuda was weak but use the berries. i trained loads before i went into the tomb just to be safe but i was just working on chains so i did not get a lot of xp
  so i put mass effect 3 in my gamefly que and i got the one in a thousand shot of having it sent to me as soon as it came out when it finally arrived my xbox 360 decides to die  

Post New Thread Reply

GameWinners.com Forums > Focused Game Discussion > Role Playing > Final Fantasy Series