Old February 11th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #1: [Thread] [Post]
Ants!
Therapist

Al Sighting Post Potentate 

Veteran Member
Premium Member

M-M-M-Monster Kill!
Gamewinners 100 Greatest Games of all times

The results of a long process that started November 1st of last year are finally in! A total of 71 people participated in the voting round, and 149 people participated in the nomination round before that.

Before posting the results, I'd like to cover the honorable mention category, "Late but Great". These 10 games the members felt were good enough that they might have had a shot at making the list but didn't because they were released too late:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
System: Multi-platform
Nominations: 7

Assassin's Creed
Nominations: 4

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
System: Wii
Nominations: 3

Mass Effect
System: Xbox 360

Super Mario Galaxy
System: Wii

Unreal Tournament 3
Nominations: 2

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
System: Nintendo DS
Nominations: 1

Crysis
System: PC

Rock Band

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
System: PS3

Here are the results, starting with 100th place and counting down to the number 1 greatest game of all time! And remember, no matter how low it ranked, if it's on the list it still qualifies as a truly great game. There are tens of thousands of games out there to pick from, but only 100 made it. In fact a total of 954 games were nominated in the nomination round, and most of those games did not make the cut.

System count:
17 Multi-platform
15 Super Nintendo
11 Nintendo 64
11 Playstation 2
9 PC
8 Playstation 1
5 Gamecube
5 Game Boy Advance
4 Sega Genesis
3 NES
3 Xbox
3 Xbox 360
2 Game Boy
2 Nintendo DS
1 Game Boy Color
1 Wii

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Gamecube
68 points

Comments

Ants!
It’s too bad that its sequel came out at the same time nominations were going on, it deserved to be on here. If you haven’t tried a Fire Emblem game before this is a great one to make your first.

Rick52
The saddening thing is that many people won't rank this because they haven't played it. Shame too, PoR is an underrated title that, while on the easy side, is a superb experience regardless. Those looking for a PoR like challenge can go play Radiant Dawn, a game that didn't make this list mainly because it was released too late.

Jak II

Playstation 2
80 points

Secret of Mana

Super Nintendo
84 points

Comments

Ants!
I'm surprised it got enough votes to make the list, but it deserves it. It broke a few rules in the traditional style of playing RPGs in a time when the traditional style was still the dominant way (even the story went off the beaten path a bit). It combined elements we liked in Final Fantasy and Legend of Zelda games to make a great 3-player co-op Adventure RPG that worked great.

RickAL
Sheer fun, and a blast from my past.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time

Super Nintendo
91 points

Comments

Crazy Jamie
As well as being a rare quality title based on a tv show or film, Turtles in Time also happened to be one of the finest scrolling beat em ups to grace the SNES. Though often overshadowed by the more well known scrolling beat em ups, Turtles in Time thoroughly deserves its spot in this list due to simply being a joy to play. Lots of fun whether you're a fan of the series or not.

Golden Sun: The Lost Age

Game Boy Advance
109 points

Comments

Mrmakee
I spent a lot of time trying to figure out this game. It's a real challenge, but I still love it. There are puzzles to solve and also battles and that jazz. Not as good as the first but still a great game to play.

Final Fantasy XII

Playstation 2
153 points

Comments

Amaru
One of the best RPG's ever made. Had one of the best story line's in the series
Yamcho
Huge game , a key in mainstream RPG success

Star Fox

Super Nintendo
156 points

Sonic & Knuckles

Sega Genesis
175 points

Comments

Rick52
I grew up on that game and its probably still the most epic Sonic game to date (even though it needed two different cartridges, but that's beside the point).
Rick52
Wha happened to Sonic 3 & Knuckles? That specific title is epic but the two seperately aren't as epic. I went with Knuckles over 3 because Knuckles can lock on to older Sonic games (including 3), and also other random games for a random special stage level.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Sega Genesis
198 points

Comments

Fastest-Lucas
One of the Best Sonic Games yet! O.o

Resident Evil

Multi-platform
211 points

Comments

Amaru
Who doesn't love killing hordes of zombies?
Yamcho
Owned the scare scene for a long time , has depth

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Super Nintendo
62 points

God of War II

Playstation 2
75 points

Comments

Beckoning Souls
Cause ripping the wings off of harpies is endless fun!

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Nintendo 64
76 points

Comments

Ants!
4 player matches of squirrels versus evil stiched-up teddy bears were always priceless. In a lot of ways it's humor in cute things blowing each other up with deadly weapons reminds me of the Worms series.

Devil May Cry 3

Playstation 2
91 points

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Super Nintendo
117 points

Soulcalibur II

Multi-platform
142 points

Comments

RickAL
The Pinnacle of console fighting since Street Fighter II
Russ.
Fans waited 4 long years for this sequel to the greatest 3D fighting game of all time, Soul Calibur, and Namco did not disappoint. Super graphics and animation combined with some of the best and smoothest controls in Fighting Game History easily allows SC 2 to be considered one of the best 3D fighters of all time.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Game Boy Advance
148 points

The Sims

PC
167 points

Comments

Amaru
One of the best time killers ever.
Yamcho
Most addictive game I've ever known

Doom

PC
189 points

Comments

Russ.
The game is shallow as shallow can be. There's no jump command, the enemies are repetitive as hell, and all you do is clear room after room of these brain-dead enemies. All these negatives and it still makes #1 on tier 9? WTF?!? The game during it's time was a revolution. Sure Wolfenstein 3D was the first official FPS, but Doom really introduced the world the genre with its advanced graphics and more complex and interesting level design. This game is a classic that will always remain a classic no matter how shallow and cheap it seems now.
Woozie
The only series that's ever successfully combined Gore, Scary Atmosphere, The Devil, and Metal Music.
Yamcho
Iconic FPS

Legend of Zelda

NES
301 points

Comments

Darth Vader
I can save games...?
Russ.
You play any more modern Zelda game now and then play the game that started it all, and you'll start to wander why this game was considered great in the first place. Simple game play, repetitive music tracks, and headache inducing graphics, make you wander where the greatness is. But hey, it came out on the NES so screw all those negatives. The puzzles were fun and brain teasing, the music tracks (though super repetitive) would be stuck in your brain for days, and for the first time ever a save feature was introduced into gaming allowing players to stop playing and not have to worry about starting from the very beginning again. This game started on of the greatest video game franchises of all time and it definitely deserves this mention.
Yamcho
classic adventure game

Earthbound

Super Nintendo
60 points

Comments

Ants!
My all time favorite RPG ever, hands down. I don’t think it’s even possible for anyone to not like this game after playing it.

The Legend of Dragoon

Playstation 1
62 points

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Gamecube
76 points

Comments

Russ.
The characters remind me of the characters in Beyond Good & Evil being that they're simply unforgettable. Every character has a back-story or involvement in the story instead of having a bunch of characters that do nothing but take space (Twilight Princess, take note). The game is fun, the story is fantastic, and the graphics are supreme despite it's cartoonish look.

Resident Evil 2

Multi-platform
116 points

Final Fantasy Tactics

Playstation 1
120 points

Comments

Rick 52
While I'm willing to rank FFT here (as its actually a good game unlike FFTA), its still not as great as everyone's making it out to be.

Diablo II

PC
123 points voting round
6 points tie-breaker round

Comments

Darth Vader
Necs, sorcs, and barbs, oh my!
Mrmakee
Still to this day I'm too lazy to finish it. I got up to the third area though, the swampy looking place... yeah thats the one.
RickAL
My favorite GAME ever!

Portal

PC
123 point voting round
12 points tie-breaker round

Comments

Woozie
GLaDOS is probably the best villain ever made.

Final Fantasy IX

Playstation 1
130 points

Comments

Ants!
The last (at least I feel that way) good Final Fantasy game. Thank you Square for giving us one last helping of the old school.

Mario Party

Nintendo 64
135 points

Comments

Mrmakee
A great game. I had some of the best times of my life playing that game with friends.

Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening

Game Boy

Comments

Darth Vader
Showed Zelda could still have depth while being portable.

Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword

Game Boy Advance
25 points

Comments

Rick52
The first Fire Emblem released stateside, and the one played by most everyone interested in the series. The fact that its tiered higher than both FFTs fills me with glee, even if I personally like Path of Radiance better.

Mario Kart DS

Nintendo DS
44 points

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Multi-platform
51 points

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Playstation 1
63 points

Mega Man X

Super Nintendo
98 points

Comments

Ants!
A brilliant action platformer in almost every way.

Warcraft III

PC
102 points

Comments

Modi25
One of my favourite strategy games. I felt it to be much better than the age of empire series. It's one of those few good stretegy game with a cool story and amazing graphics as well as cutscenes.
RickAL
Pinnacle of the Warcraft Franchise at the time, only to be surpassed by WoW.

Mario Kart: Double Dash!

Gamecube
116 points

Star Wars Battlefront II

Multi-platform
120 points

Comments

Rick52
Kinda surprised this game made it, but that's not a knock on the game itself. Its a fun game, and my dad and I have wasted away quite a bit of time playing this game.

Paper Mario

Nintendo 64
134 points

Comments

_Dave_
Man I can't believe no one nominated this yet, but Paper Mario 64 ftw.
Russ.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Multi-platform
212 points

Comments

Fastest-Lucas
Best Fun Flexible Gameplay Inbetween All GTAs
modi25
Seriously, who doesn't like the freedom of the GTA series. although not as good as 3, this one is pretty cool with many improvements over the previous titles. Free roam, killing, drugs, prostitution and a touch of racing here and there, what else could you want in a game.
Spiner202
this owned San Andreas
Woozie
One of the best soundtracks in a video game.

Star Wars Battlefront

Multi-platform
39 points

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Wii
43 points

Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings

PC
85 points

Comments

Darth Vader
If at first you don't succeed, send in an army of paladins.
Modi25
Cool strategy game with a chess related regicide mode.
Woozie
Despite being a great RTS, everyone I've asked has never heard of the game, let alone played it. More people should play this game!!!

Bioshock

Xbox 360
97 points

Comments

Darth Vader
Play this game, would you kindly?
Russ.
Same as Half Life 2, just not as good. The graphics are a step up though, as are the sound effects and the soundtrack (gotta love the old fashioned flavor!).

World of Warcraft

PC
101 points

Half-Life 2

PC
111 points

Comments

Russ.
The best FPS ever. Shut up, it is. No other FPS has such a good story, script, and gameplay as Half Life 2 (though Bioshock comes really close.) I'm a fan at fast fun gameplay, and a great story to keep me involved and interested in the game. Half Life 2 has plenty of everything in Spades. If you haven't played this game and you call yourself a FPS fan, you should be disappointed in yourself and should buy the game right now. And I mean NOW dammit!

Guitar Hero

Playstation 2
114 points

Guitar Hero 3

Multi-platform
142 points

Comments

RickAL
the game that let me be better at guitar than I really am!
Mrmakee
First time I played this game I played till three in the morning, very addictive!

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Multi-platform
145 points voting round
6 points tie-breaker round

Comments

Modi25
Absolutely loved the the game. Once I started playing it the story gripped me and I couldn't stop until it was finished. It had good grapghics, good sound, good AI and an amazing story.
RickAL
My first, and still the best, stealth game ever.

Super Mario Kart

Super Nintendo
145 points voting round
14 points tie-breaker round

Kingdom Hearts II

Playstation 2
86 points

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Multi-platform
87 points

Comments

Mrmakee
Best game ever. It's howI got started on gamewinners.
RickAL
The Best RPG EVER!!!

Devil May Cry

Playstation 2
89 points

Super Metroid

Super Nintendo
91 points

Comments

Ants!
Electronic Gaming Monthly once awarded this first place in something much like this. One would be hard pressed to find a reason why they’d be far wrong.

Golden Sun

Game Boy Advance
114 points

Comments

Mrmakee
My first GBA game ever, and I never put it down. Great puzzles, great storyline, great everything.

Chrono Cross

Playstation 1
131 points voting round
8 points tie-breaker round

Comments

Majin
All a man ever needs.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Super Nintendo
131 points voting round
10 points tie-breaker round

Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Game Boy Advance
136 points

Comments

Modi25
Who doesn't love Pokemon? One of the best, if not the best, RP game on GBA. The graphics rocked heavy for GBA standards and the new gen pokemon rocked just as hard. The only thing I don't like about it as well as all the other Pokemon games is the battle style. But hey, you have colleseum for that right?

Kingdom Hearts

Playstation 2
145 points

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sega Genesis
175 points

God of War

Playstation 2
70 points

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl

Nintendo DS
98 points

Guitar Hero 2

Multi-platform
107 points

Comments

Spiner202
yes I said it, but it is a great innovative game

Donkey Kong Country

Super Nintendo
109 points

Comments

Russ.
How could one not love this game? Sure, the fake 3D graphics look like crap now, but the 2D still looks fantastic. The controls are spot on, the game is fun, and the Soundtrack is as familiar and catchy now as it was back in the 90's.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Playstation 2
118 points

Final Fantasy VIII

Playstation 1
124 points

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Xbox
144 points

Comments

Darth Vader
Best. Video. Game. Twist. EVER.
RickAL
My first XBOX game, and the first REALLY good RPG for the console...

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sega Genesis
158 points

Comments

Russ.
This game was as good if not better than the first one but it added multiplayer fun, which makes this game worthy of this list and not the first one. It's the only Sonic game I would ever go back and play again.

Star Fox 64

Nintendo 64
162 points

Comments

Darth Vader
Feel it for the first time.

Tetris

Multi-platform
191 points

Gears of War

Xbox 360
59 points

Metroid Prime

Gamecube
89 points

Comments

Darth Vader
The Ocarina of Time of Metroid.

Starcraft

PC
90 points

Comments

Woozie
The only RTS I know of that's entirely balanced and doesn't have a cheap tactic that can not be countered. The biggest evidence to support this is that Blizzard took over a decade to even announce a sequel in fear it would disappoint fans.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Multi-platform
107 points

Comments

Russ.
Now I just played the Gamecube edition since I don't have the Wii yet, and I gotta say, the Wii couldn't have possibly made this great game any better than it already is. The game is great for both LoZ veterans and noobs. The puzzles are fun and challenging but not frustrating (except the Cave of Ordieals). Once you get started playing, you won't quit until to find every piece of heart and treasure chests, and will keep you interested 50+ hours until you finally meet the two bosses, Zant and Ganon. Unfortunately, Zant was overly easy and the fight against Ganon was snooze worthy. Also the ending left much to be desired. But those are nothing compared the magnitude of the rest of the game. If you haven't picked it up for either system, I recommend you go out and get it... you won't be disappointed.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Multi-platform
113 points

Comments

Woozie
Improved an already great sequel. And successfully defeated the criticism of "You do the same thing in all the games." Stealing military jets from a carrier? Taking a jetpack from Area 51? Count me in.

Final Fantasy VI

Super Nintendo
122 points

Chrono Trigger

Super Nintendo
126 points

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Multi-platform
127 points

Comments

Darth Vader
Huge.
RickAL
The sequel to my favorite RPG ever, and the MOST to do in a game I've ever played.

Grand Theft Auto 3

Multi-platform
131 points

Comments

Woozie
The only game in the past decade that's created a new genre.

Final Fantasy X

Playstation 2
139 points

Comments

Rick52
I personally like X's [battle system] the best
Woozie
Because I'm a fanboy

Perfect Dark

Nintendo 64
58 points

Comments

Like Goldeneye. This game was better suited for a controller with two thumb sticks.

Halo 2

Xbox
68 points

Comments

Darth Vader
First console FPS online multiplayer craze.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Nintendo 64
104 points

Comments

Ants!
You can keep your Ocarina of Time, I want this one. It changed up the gameplay a lot with its 40 or so masks and manipulating time to keep rewinding the same 3 days, and is still a Zelda game through and through.
Darth Vader
Years ahead of its time.

Resident Evil 4

Multi-platform

Comments

Beckoning Souls
possibly the best 3rd person shooter ever
Woozie
Breathed life into a dying (and in my opinion boring) series, leaving the future for the series looking very auspicious.

Metal Gear Solid

Playstation 1
121 points

Super Smash Bros.

Nintendo 64
172 points

Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal

Game Boy Color
179 points

Comments

Modi25
It had both regions. Which other pokemon game did?

Super Mario Bros.

NES
188 points

Comments

E.R.
A game that began as an add on to a popular game, Duck Hunt, that became one of the cornerstones of the videogame industry.
Russ.
The game is great fun, but it' frustratingly hard for those who haven't spent hours and hours on the game.

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Super Nintendo
200 points

Comments

Ants!
A truly great game that ages well and will never die in the hearts and minds of those who played it.
Darth Vader
Showed just how seriously good Zelda was.
Marasamune
Epic.

Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow

Game Boy
235 points

Comments

Ants!
I fell out of love with Pokemon a long time ago, but still I like Red and Blue. And since I’ve foolishly hocked my old ones these are on my list of “try to track down another copy someday”.
Darth Vader
Gotta catch em all!
Modi25
Classic
Woozie
Some people might say that this game is for kids, but if that's true it's the most kickass kids game in history.

Halo: Combat Evolved

Xbox
71 points

Comments

Darth Vader
Best console launch game ever.
Russ.
The game oozes greatness. But it also oozes with repetitive enemies and boring levels, some of which are retreads of earlier levels. Everything else about the game is perfect, but where's the Online Play?

Halo 3

Xbox 360
79 points

Comments

Russ.
1 Ups everything from Halo 2 but yet, one thing is missing from Halo 3 that could only be felt in Halo CE: Passion.

Mario Kart 64

Nintendo 64
121 points

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Gamecube

Comments

Bulbasaurus Rex
Best game ever! (until March 9)
Rick52
I ran the "Best Gamecube Ever" contest a year ago, and this game ran away with the thing. Its so great, so huge, that its successor, Brawl, has nearly no shot living up to the many expectations of people has set on it based on Melee. Also, the game put Fire Emblem on the American map, that's just awesome.
Russ.
Who cares that the game is shallow? Few games on the Cube were more fun than Melee.

Super Mario 64

Nintendo 64
156 points

Super Mario Bros. 3

NES
164 points

Comments

Dre
best game evar
Tim!
The pinnacle in my opinion of the Super Mario Bros Franchise
Ants!
Perhaps the greatest Mario game to date
XThUnDeRX
The Best game that ever existed is Super Mario Bros. 3 for NES. It was the pinnacle of platforming games

GoldenEye 007

Nintendo 64
172 points

Comments

Darth Vader
A game that's actually much better than its movie.
Dre
a LOT of people keep the 64 for JUST THIS
marasamune
Ok, I can't in good conscience leave this list without: Goldeneye 64
Russ.
Great game, but because of the N64 Controller, it's hard to play.

Final Fantasy VII

Playstation 1
180 points

Comments

Ants!
Yes, it is quite possibly one of the most notoriously overrated games in history. And I don’t care. I still have fond memories of this revolutionary RPG and look forward to the next time I visit this one.

Super Mario World

Super Nintendo
187 points

Comments

Rick52
I got around to playing SMW recently, and completed it 100%. My opinion on it has increased quite a bit, as its quite a fun and deep game. Its not as fun or deep as SMB3, but hey, still a pretty great game.
Russ.
This game is near perfect. The Controls: Pinpoint. The Graphics: Clean and crisp. No other 2D platformer looks this good. The gameplay: Brilliant, and fun beyond belief. The Soundtrack: More memorable than the Halo theme. The only negative I have is in saving the game. Many times have I had to play levels I despise over and over because the game only saves after the boss battles. That was fixed in the GBA version though.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Nintendo 64
229 points

Comments

BunniesGoneBad
OH YEAH NUMBER ONE BABY
Darth Vader
Simply unforgettable.
Rick52
Some may say this game has become a bit overrated as time has moved on, and maybe that's true for the most part. However, for me, there hasn't been a game that has taken up as much of my time as this game has, Sonic 3 & Knuckles aside, and its legacy has been built up so much every game past it seems to be compared unfavorably to OoT, Majora's Mask aside, and MM has far too few in terms of the main quest to compare to OoT (too many sidequests ftl). A superb game in many facets.
RickAL
the game that introduced me to the true magic of the Zelda Franchise.

And once again, here are the Excel files I used to add up the scores:

Nomination Round data
Voting Round data
Final Results + Final Tie-Breaker Round data

Thank you to everyone that participated

Quote Ants! edited at 05:21 PM (February 11th, 2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olga View Post
how do I get more blowjobs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klowny View Post
Longstanding International Disputes such as that described above should be presented to the United Nations or the Hague, not to the GamewinnersCourt, which not only lacks any jurisdiction outside of its own internet "borders," but is completely impotent militarily and therefore could not enforce any ruling it might hand down concerning Nation States in the Wider World.

Old February 11th, 2008, 04:51 PM   #2: [Thread] [Post]
Woozie
Veteran Member

Post Potentate Mod Mario Blue Moon 

Ex-Moderator

Hero of Kvatch
The top 10 seems pretty consistent with what everyone thinks.

I have 10 comments!

THIS IS MY POST

Old February 11th, 2008, 05:09 PM   #3: [Thread] [Post]
TheDukeOfBoston
Addition by Subtraction

Triple Triad Participant 

Veteran Member

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
I have a question, what's the deal with the "points"? Number 19, Halo 2, gets 68 points while Number 91 Resident Evil has 211? I'm not complaining about that order, I'm just interested into how it was thought up and how it affected the ordering process.

Old February 11th, 2008, 05:11 PM   #4: [Thread] [Post]
Fool's Requiem
This is the song that never ends.

Post Potentate Decade Award 

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Silent Assassin
Uh, why is my comment of Perfect Dark under the comments section of Paper Mario? I don't even like Paper Mario.
Good job though.
Kind surprised Ocarina of Time got #1 instead of Super Mario World.

Someone should sticky this.

Old February 11th, 2008, 05:17 PM   #5: [Thread] [Post]
Ants!
Therapist

Veteran Member
Premium Member

M-M-M-Monster Kill!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDukeOfBoston
I have a question, what's the deal with the "points"? Number 19, Halo 2, gets 68 points while Number 91 Resident Evil has 211? I'm not complaining about that order, I'm just interested into how it was thought up and how it affected the ordering process.
Because the nominating round separated them into ten tiers, and then in the voting round the games within those tiers got arranged according to how many points they got from the votes. Basically by posting the points I was just letting everyone know how high they scored with the votes, and it's also an indication on how closely they got placed. For example Conkurs Bad Fur Day beat God of War II but it was only by one point, whereas Ocarina of Time beat out the second-place game by more than 40.

Quote:
Quote:
Longstanding International Disputes such as that described above should be presented to the United Nations or the Hague, not to the GamewinnersCourt, which not only lacks any jurisdiction outside of its own internet "borders," but is completely impotent militarily and therefore could not enforce any ruling it might hand down concerning Nation States in the Wider World.

Old February 11th, 2008, 05:45 PM   #6: [Thread] [Post]
Rick52

GameWinners Year End Award Winner Triple Triad Participant Decade Award Post Potentate SMod Mario 

Super Moderator

Silent Assassin
Fire Emblem placed last in both of the tiers it appeared in.

Otherwise I'm fine with the list for the most part.

Spambots Banned: 450 (HIGH SCORE!*)
(* since December 2012)

Old February 11th, 2008, 06:04 PM   #7: [Thread] [Post]
Crazy Jamie
First recipient of the Amaloo Award

GameWinners Year End Award Winner EPIC POST! Steam Player Resident Weasel Amaloo Prize 

Super Moderator
Premium Member

M-M-M-Monster Kill!
I'm fine with the top 7, but honestly don't think that SSBM, Mario Kart 64, or Halo 3 deserve places in the top 10. And Halo is debatable.

The award for ridiculously low placing goes to Half Life 2 for me at No.55. In terms of quality it's top 5 at the very least.

"Mind if I use your phone? If word gets out that I'm missing five hundred girls will kill themselves."

Old February 11th, 2008, 06:32 PM   #8: [Thread] [Post]
Fool's Requiem
This is the song that never ends.

Post Potentate Decade Award 

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Silent Assassin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Jamie
The award for ridiculously low placing goes to Half Life 2 for me at No.55. In terms of quality it's top 5 at the very least.
I think it's because more people played the other games.

Was I the only one that nominated Beyond Good & Evil? And where the hell are the Dreamcast games?

Old February 11th, 2008, 06:36 PM   #9: [Thread] [Post]
Crazy Jamie
First recipient of the Amaloo Award

GameWinners Year End Award Winner EPIC POST! Steam Player Resident Weasel Amaloo Prize 

Super Moderator
Premium Member

M-M-M-Monster Kill!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ.
I think it's because more people played the other games.
I agree. I'd certainly put it down more to people not playing that than actually thinking that it deserved to be that low.

"Mind if I use your phone? If word gets out that I'm missing five hundred girls will kill themselves."

Old February 11th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #10: [Thread] [Post]
Scerro
Flame Haze

Veteran Member

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Man, there are some little things up there that drive me insane. SCII should be ahead of FFTA, no matter what....

Old February 11th, 2008, 07:10 PM   #11: [Thread] [Post]
Krazy Koco King
Christ-Follower

Triple Triad Participant 

Veteran Member

Horadric Cube
Fire Emblem should be ahead of the FFT games period... it's way better as far as tactics games go. Pity FE:RD came too late though...

Old February 11th, 2008, 07:15 PM   #12: [Thread] [Post]
Ants!
Therapist

Veteran Member
Premium Member

M-M-M-Monster Kill!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Koco King
Fire Emblem should be ahead of the FFT games period... it's way better as far as tactics games go.
I agree. At least both Tactics games ranked behind the Fire Emblem for GBA though

Quote:
Quote:

Old February 11th, 2008, 07:21 PM   #13: [Thread] [Post]
Scerro
Flame Haze

Veteran Member

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Ah, I disagree... FFT has a better storyline than all of the FE games, although FE7 comes pretty close.

Old February 11th, 2008, 07:22 PM   #14: [Thread] [Post]
Ants!
Therapist

Veteran Member
Premium Member

M-M-M-Monster Kill!
I thought story was where Fire Emblem beat FFT the hardest. The story in FFT...no offense but it just sounds like something an 8th grader would write.

Quote:
Quote:

Old February 11th, 2008, 07:33 PM   #15: [Thread] [Post]
Scerro
Flame Haze

Veteran Member

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
What? It beats most fire emblems by so far, and creams FFVII by a few miles. Its so much more un-ridiculous than so many other games. All the FE games are set up with storylines that are meant to be epic from the beginning, where FFT kinda makes it realistic.

Post New Thread Reply

GameWinners.com Forums > General Game Discussion > Video Game Bashing