The web's largest cheats, codes, and game help site  
CHEATS | NEWS | FORUMS | REVIEWS | VIDEOS | SEARCH 

Go Back   GameWinners.com Forums > General Game Discussion > Gaming News and Industry Discussion

Post New Thread Reply

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #1: [Thread] [Post]
Neo Matrix
Doesn't get the point of PIMI

My Way Al Sighting Forums Traveler Post Potentate SMod Mario 

Premium Member
News Editor

Guitar Hero
EA Offers Free Origin Distribution For Crowd-Funded Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Escapist
Electronic Arts is doing its part of make life easier for crowd-funded game developers.

Game development is an expensive business, even for small indie titles; just ask the guys behind Star Command if you don't believe it. Every dollar counts. So to help relieve some of that pressure, EA is now offering 90 days of free distribution on Origin for any complete, crowd-funded game.

"The public support for crowd-funding creative game ideas coming from small developers today is nothing short of phenomenal," said Origin SVP David DeMartini. "It's also incredibly healthy for the gaming industry. Gamers around the world deserve a chance to play every great new game, and by waiving distribution fees on Origin we can help make that a reality for successfully crowd-funded developers."

Yes, EA is the Evil Empire and I'm aware of all the many complaints about Origin, but this is still a pretty fantastic move. 90 days isn't a huge stretch of time but it's a window during which most games will make the vast majority of their money and by passing up on it, EA is giving up on potentially significant sources of revenue. It gains some solid PR for Origin in return, but good PR for doing a good thing seems okay to me.

Wasteland 2 and whatever Jane Jensen comes up with at Pinkerton Road will both take advantage of the Origin offer, but any "fully-funded, complete and ready-to-publish games designed for digital download to PC platforms" are eligible. If you've got one and want to find out more about how it all works, hit up origin.com/publishing for details.
Source...

YOU for posting ALL THE THINGS!!!
How else are we going to get some more activity around here?

油断せずに行って、昨日の自分より強くなりなさい。平成25年6月19日
Playing: WWE '13 (PS3), Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (PS3), Spec Ops: The Line (PS3), Dance Central (Xbox360)
Current Anime: Naruto Shippuden, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
Now Playing... in New Forums: Under Construction... again

Old May 20th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #2: [Thread] [Post]
Nicodemus
Sausage King of Chicago

Drew Something Guess the Picture Bindle of Excellence Post Potentate EPIC POST! 

Premium Member

Guitar Hero
I refuse to install Origin, and I'm sure many indy developers are aware of how much indy gamers despise EA.. so I hope this is not successful.

Old May 20th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #3: [Thread] [Post]
Puffy Ghost

Grammar Nazi 

Horadric Cube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
I refuse to install Origin, and I'm sure many indy developers are aware of how much indy gamers despise EA.. so I hope this is not successful.
Goes the same for me. I could really care less about most of the games EA is publishing now anyway, so meh.

Post New Thread Reply

GameWinners.com Forums > General Game Discussion > Gaming News and Industry Discussion