The web's largest cheats, codes, and game help site  
CHEATS | NEWS | FORUMS | REVIEWS | VIDEOS | SEARCH 

Go Back   GameWinners.com Forums > Social Interaction > Entertainment & Creativity > Anime and Manga

Post New Thread Reply

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2012, 05:25 PM   #1: [Thread] [Post]
Neo Matrix
Doesn't get the point of PIMI

My Way Al Sighting Forums Traveler Post Potentate SMod Mario 

Premium Member
News Editor

Guitar Hero
4Kids Sells Yu-Gi-Oh! Assets to Kidsco for US$10 Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeNewsNetwork
The North American anime distributor and licensor 4Kids Entertainment has sold the rights to its Yu-Gi-Oh!-related assets to KidsCo Media Ventures LLC. KidsCo is an affiliate of the Saban Capital Group, the investment firm whose subsidiaries own the Power Rangers franchise.

4Kids also acquired the international rights to the 52-episode anime-influenced Italian cartoon series Beastkeeper, which was produced by Mondo TV, Starbright, and Ponpoko Productions.

Documents filed to the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York last month had revealed that 4Kids had planned to sell what they described as "substantially all of [their] Yu-Gi-Oh!-related assets."

4Kids filed for bankruptcy last year shortly after a lawsuit was filed by TV Tokyo, Nihon Ad Systems, and ADK. The suit reached an "amicable" settlement earlier this year, with ADK and TV Tokyo paying US$8 million to 4Kids.
Source...

YOU for posting ALL THE THINGS!!!
How else are we going to get some more activity around here?

油断せずに行って、昨日の自分より強くなりなさい。平成25年6月19日
Playing: WWE '13 (PS3), Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (PS3), Spec Ops: The Line (PS3), Dance Central (Xbox360)
Current Anime: Naruto Shippuden, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
Now Playing... in New Forums: Under Construction... again

Old May 1st, 2012, 05:30 PM   #2: [Thread] [Post]
Northern Lights
Perfection '11

WINdependent College Football Pick 'Em Christmas in July! Wasteland Survivor The Lone Wanderer 

Premium Member
News Editor

M-M-M-Monster Kill!
I thought this was going to be some rags-to-riches story about four kids.

"There's no easy way to tell you this, so I just brought some pictures. Your husband's the blackened, crispy one."

Moderating: The E-fed Epicenter | Call of Duty | Fallout | Smart Phones | Competitive & Co-Operative Gaming | Final Fantasy | Food & Health

RIP Paul Wickens AKA Don Paulo
RIP Michael Burton AKA Mike!
RIP Shaun Pleima AKA Beha

The TD Acknowledgement Club

Old May 1st, 2012, 06:17 PM   #3: [Thread] [Post]
Super Saiya-jin 4 Goku
Biggest Stoner in Gamewinners

Y2K Decade Award 

Veteran Member

Press Start
Maybe this means that both GX and 5D's will be able to fully complete their anime runs. I doubt it, but it's possible. The best chances for either I'm betting is on the DVD market.
  Only Person with a Perfect Score of 1600 on Kamikaze Ghost's Dragonball Info SAT
"Death...BY DISMEMBERMENT!" - Vegita after trapping Goku with his Ring Jyou no Energy Ball (SSJ2 Majin Vegita vs. SSJ2 Goku)
"If I spent 6 years in community college, I bet I can get 12 outta this muh f*cka" - Redman from How High
"I need to get stoned...all my best ideas come when I'm fried." - Dead Man on Campus
"Pass the Dutchie to the Left, cuz the Right is wrong." - Shorty from Scary Movie
"Did you see what GOD just did to us man?" "That wasn't God, it was you...you're a F'n narcotics agent, I knew it" Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
AIM Screen Name: SmaugUKA
Counter-Strike 1.6 Name: Retired Bearded Lady

Old May 2nd, 2012, 03:32 PM   #4: [Thread] [Post]
Neo Matrix
Doesn't get the point of PIMI

My Way Al Sighting Forums Traveler Post Potentate SMod Mario 

Premium Member
News Editor

Guitar Hero
4Kids' Yu-Gi-Oh! Sale to Saban Affiliate Not Finalized

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeNewsNetwork
4Kids notified ANN on Tuesday that its proposed sale of Yu-Gi-Oh! assets to Kidsco, an affiliate of Saban, has not been finalized. Specifically, the Bankruptcy Court can still authorize other companies to submit competing bids, and the court has to approve any sale before it can proceed.
Source...

YOU for posting ALL THE THINGS!!!
How else are we going to get some more activity around here?

油断せずに行って、昨日の自分より強くなりなさい。平成25年6月19日
Playing: WWE '13 (PS3), Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (PS3), Spec Ops: The Line (PS3), Dance Central (Xbox360)
Current Anime: Naruto Shippuden, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
Now Playing... in New Forums: Under Construction... again

Old May 4th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #5: [Thread] [Post]
Captain Obvious
FEAR THE PELICAN

Decade Award Forums Traveler Sweetroller Lose the Loose! Soldier of Fortune Trophy 

Veteran Member

Fairy-in-a-Bottle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Saiya-jin 4 Goku View Post
Maybe this means that both GX and 5D's will be able to fully complete their anime runs. I doubt it, but it's possible. The best chances for either I'm betting is on the DVD market.
I stopped following YGO after Battle City ended. So I didn't know that they didn't finish GX and 5Ds.

I would assume it will be similar to what happened with DBZ (Ocean/Funimation) and they will just re air the entire series. Another question is will CN take back YGO or will Disney or Nick step in. I'm agreeing that DVD the route they are going with this.

Responsibility for any sort of negative behavior begins at home with the parents rather than with the media.

Post New Thread Reply

GameWinners.com Forums > Social Interaction > Entertainment & Creativity > Anime and Manga