The web's largest cheats, codes, and game help site  
CHEATS | NEWS | FORUMS | REVIEWS | VIDEOS | SEARCH 

Go Back   GameWinners.com Forums > Social Interaction > Sports > Soccer > Football Games

Post New Thread Reply    

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #16: [Thread] [Post]
Neo Matrix
Doesn't get the point of PIMI

My Way Al Sighting Forums Traveler Post Potentate SMod Mario 

Premium Member
News Editor

Guitar Hero
I think that's the same for a LOT of people, and the first complaint I hear from people saying FIFA over PES. Personally I'm surprised they haven't added the J-League to the European versions of the game. I suppose it's because they think no-one will care, but some might... like me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmerwit View Post
I just find FIFA to be more fun, realistic, enjoyable and with better controls. I think PES is a bit slower paced, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it doesn't work in practice.
Ok, just to be difficult I have a few points on this that I'd like you to expand on...
  • What makes it more fun and enjoyable?
  • Better controls, you can have "FIFA buttons" on PES, so what other parts are better?
  • There's a game speed option on PES, so couldn't it be sped up to FIFA speed?

YOU for posting ALL THE THINGS!!!
How else are we going to get some more activity around here?

油断せずに行って、昨日の自分より強くなりなさい。平成25年6月19日
Playing: WWE '13 (PS3), Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (PS3), Spec Ops: The Line (PS3), Dance Central (Xbox360)
Current Anime: Naruto Shippuden, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
Now Playing... in New Forums: Under Construction... again

Old May 1st, 2012, 09:24 PM   #17: [Thread] [Post]
Neo Matrix
Doesn't get the point of PIMI

My Way Al Sighting Forums Traveler Post Potentate SMod Mario 

Premium Member
News Editor

Guitar Hero
PES 2013 'innovations' detailed in major features list

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVG
Konami has sent over the first juicy details for PES 2013, which was announced last week and is set for release this autumn.

The publisher's Digital Entertainment president Tomoyuki Tsuboi said the game has been shaped "in part, by the vocal PES community", and that he's "excited to take Pro Evolution Soccer back to its roots, which is all about freedom and control".

Konami also said FullControl, Player ID and ProActive AI are the three key elements that form the basis of PES 2013's innovations. Here's the features list, straight from the horse's mouth:

The first element, FullControl (PES FC), offers a level of control that has never before been used in a soccer game. The features of PES FC include:
  • Total Freedom of Control: Pro Evolution Soccer introduced the concept of freedom of movement. The new 'PES FC' in Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 goes further with total freedom over ball control.
  • Dynamic First Touch: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 introduces subtle ways to receive the ball, from traps to gently lifting it past an attacker to run on to or a variety of other moves. First Touch is everything, and players can trap the ball using the R2 button, killing the speed of a well-hit pass and bringing it instantly under control, or using the momentum of the pass to turn a defender.
  • Full Manual Shooting and Full Manual Passing: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 offers fully manual passing and, for the first time ever, manual shooting, allowing users to determine the height and power of each. Long, low passes can be sent skimming across the pitch. While shooting, the user has total control over where the shot is placed. Skill and precision are needed to master these, but passes can be made into open areas, allowing lone strikers to thrive, while offering an unrivalled variety in ways to score.
  • Dribbling: The speed with which a player moves with the ball has been slowed in line with real matches, but using R2 allows players to add various styles to their close control. Players can vary the speed of their dribbling and cushion the ball as they move freely within a 360-degree circle. The new system allows players to knock a ball past a player and collect it, nutmeg them, or hold up play by shielding the ball as teammates find space and make runs.
  • Full Manual One-Two: Active one-two passes can be made, with the second player being moved in any direction, facilitating various tactical movements.
  • Response Defending: Countering the attacking options the new dribbling system offers, is a beautifully-balanced defense system. Players can use R2 and X to slow an attack, with a double-tap of the X button prompting a perfectly-timed challenge. Full 360-degree control means that players can check runs and steal the ball from a parallel position, while the individuality element will see world renowned defenders using aerial dominance of physicality to win the ball.
  • Goalkeepers: Even the game's keepers benefit from more control. Their distribution is more precise thanks to the addition of a power gauge when they throw the ball, creating opportunities for new, quicker counter attacks.
The second key element of Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 is the Player ID, which focuses on the individual characteristics and movements that each player boasts. The components of the Player ID include:
  • Player Individuality: The very best players in Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 will be instantly recognizable via signature attributes, skills and tricks that bring them to life. The way they run, turn, trap and move the ball, shape to shoot, and even celebrate will be noticeably different during play.
  • Individuality to Goalkeepers: Goalkeeping has been totally invigorated via new animations and play styles. New varieties of saves and reactions have been added to ensure the game's keepers are in line with the efforts of real shot stoppers. This level of realism also extends to the game's top-rated goalkeepers, with their moves to close attacks down, fling themselves to tip a shot past the post, and in-goal acrobatics benefiting from all new animations and AI.
The third element is the ProActive AI, which unites the control and realism, with players that will respond and find space as befits those at the top of their games.
  • Balance of Play: The development team has worked closely with the Pro Evolution Soccer fan base to eradicate any illogical elements to the way players move and run in Pro Evolution Soccer 2013, with the 'ProActive AI' system enhancing the speed and balance, resulting in a more realistic game experience.
  • Enhanced Goalkeepers: Improvements to the goalkeepers was voted the key advancement football fans wanted to see in Pro Evolution Soccer 2013, and the team has worked hard with real life goalkeepers to ensure the AI decision process has been vastly improved. Keepers now respond with better reactions, clear their lines more effectively, and push the ball safely out of play rather than into dangerous areas.
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 will also boast better connectivity and atmosphere. The popular myPES application will extend the connectivity and communication between Facebook-using PES fans, while the game's audio effects are being tied closer to the on-field action to provide the kind of buzz seen at top-tier matches, with crowds growing in excitement as their team starts to exert pressure.
Source...

YOU for posting ALL THE THINGS!!!
How else are we going to get some more activity around here?

油断せずに行って、昨日の自分より強くなりなさい。平成25年6月19日
Playing: WWE '13 (PS3), Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (PS3), Spec Ops: The Line (PS3), Dance Central (Xbox360)
Current Anime: Naruto Shippuden, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
Now Playing... in New Forums: Under Construction... again

Old May 1st, 2012, 09:58 PM   #18: [Thread] [Post]
Tubby23
Break the Walls Down

Post Potentate Steam Player GameWinners Year End Award Winner Forums Traveler Friend O' Klowny 

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Hero of Kvatch
Still no chance of me buying

RIP Beha

Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:43 AM   #19: [Thread] [Post]
dimmerwit
Veteran Member

Steam Player Post Potentate Al Sighting Forums Traveler EPIC POST! 

Veteran Member

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Matrix View Post
I think that's the same for a LOT of people, and the first complaint I hear from people saying FIFA over PES. Personally I'm surprised they haven't added the J-League to the European versions of the game. I suppose it's because they think no-one will care, but some might... like me!
I have no idea why they include regional differences at all. E.g. you can't play an American with a European copy. That's just dumb. And you're right, how hard is it to translate a few names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Matrix View Post
Ok, just to be difficult I have a few points on this that I'd like you to expand on...
  • What makes it more fun and enjoyable?
  • Better controls, you can have "FIFA buttons" on PES, so what other parts are better?
  • There's a game speed option on PES, so couldn't it be sped up to FIFA speed?
By controls I'm talking about the feel of the game. Same with the speed. It's not really to do with the game speed per se, but the sluggish feel of the controls and gameplay. It's actually really hard to describe without you actually playing the demo, it's just a feeling I got when I was playing PES' 2012 demo. But the passing and attacking play just feels and plays a lot better in FIFA than it does in PES, and it's a lot more exciting for it.

Really, gameplay and licenses are what make FIFA better. The Career modes in FIFA and PES shine in different ways, perhaps PES' might be a shade better for the sheer involvement you have. The graphics are better in PES, but then again the commentary is still atrocious. But really, most people buy mainly on gameplay and partially on licenses, they are the most important aspects.

Quote dimmerwit edited at 09:44 AM (May 2nd, 2012)

----#----------------------------------------------
----#-#-------------------------------------#------
----#----------------------------------------------
-####-#-##---##-##---##-#####-####--#-----#-#-#####
#---#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-----#--#--#-----#-#---#--
#---#-#-#--#--#-#--#--#-####--###---#--#--#-#---#--
#---#-#-#-----#-#-----#-#-----#--#--#-#-#-#-#---#--
-####-#-#-----#-#-----#-#####-#---#-##---##-#---#--

Post New Thread Reply

GameWinners.com Forums > Social Interaction > Sports > Soccer > Football Games