The web's largest cheats, codes, and game help site  
CHEATS | NEWS | FORUMS | REVIEWS | VIDEOS | SEARCH 

Go Back   GameWinners.com Forums > Social Interaction > Debate & Discussion > Current Events & General Discussion

Post New Thread Reply    

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #16: [Thread] [Post]
Darth-gamer
Open Water Diver. Blub Blub.

Soldier of Fortune Trophy Forums Traveler 

Veteran Member
Premium Member

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu View Post
Uh...this story is nothing like the Trayvon Martin one, and we are getting all the details. (it's pretty straightforward: Guy comes into store with a shotgun and tries to rob the place, guy carrying a concealed weapon (legally) uses it and stops the robbery, no loss of life anywhere to be found)

The guy who fired the shot isn't pressing any sort of charges, also, the man he shot wasn't killed.
Ah, you are referring to the links you posted. I was referring to the first post.

Yes, in that case it seems pretty open and shut.

Old April 18th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #17: [Thread] [Post]
Northern Lights
Perfection '11

WINdependent College Football Pick 'Em Christmas in July! Wasteland Survivor The Lone Wanderer 

Premium Member
News Editor

M-M-M-Monster Kill!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with carrying a weapon, or pointing a weapon at a home invader, but my problem starts with people who shoot first and ask later.
Like Han Solo, you mean?

"There's no easy way to tell you this, so I just brought some pictures. Your husband's the blackened, crispy one."

Moderating: The E-fed Epicenter | Call of Duty | Fallout | Smart Phones | Competitive & Co-Operative Gaming | Final Fantasy | Food & Health

RIP Paul Wickens AKA Don Paulo
RIP Michael Burton AKA Mike!
RIP Shaun Pleima AKA Beha

The TD Acknowledgement Club

Old April 18th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #18: [Thread] [Post]
Rabid
NEED MOAR DEE-PEE-ESS

Vault Dweller Wasteland Survivor Forums Traveler Friend O' Klowny Lose the Loose! 

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Horadric Cube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
Like Han Solo, you mean?
Exactly like Han Solo.

EDIT: Although any trained (by self, or professionally) soldier should know how to quickly identify hostile targets.

Quote Rabid edited at 02:46 PM (April 18th, 2012)

Mankind's true moral test,
is fundamental test
which lies deeply buried from view,
consists of its attitude towards those who are at its mercy.
And in this respect mankind has suffered a fundamental debacle,
a debacle so fundamental that all others stem from it.

Old April 18th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #19: [Thread] [Post]
Darth-gamer

Veteran Member
Premium Member

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Quote:
I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with carrying a weapon, or pointing a weapon at a home invader, but my problem starts with people who shoot first and ask later.
There are certain situations in which you can't ask questions first though. I still think the line is clear though. No drawing because you are mad or because you don't like someone or for things like that, but when it is going to be you or them it better be you. I saw a shooting on COPS one time that clearly demonstrated this. The cops were following a loony with a knife down a highway with their guns drawn, but showed great restraint. However, at one point a cop car cut the loony off to try and stop things and a cop got caught between the car and the loony toon, and he lunged toward the cop with his knife. No time to decide "is he just pretending or joking?"

Old April 18th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #20: [Thread] [Post]
Rabid
NEED MOAR DEE-PEE-ESS

Vault Dweller Wasteland Survivor Forums Traveler Friend O' Klowny Lose the Loose! 

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Horadric Cube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-gamer View Post
There are certain situations in which you can't ask questions first though. I still think the line is clear though. No drawing because you are mad or because you don't like someone or for things like that, but when it is going to be you or them it better be you. I saw a shooting on COPS one time that clearly demonstrated this. The cops were following a loony with a knife down a highway with their guns drawn, but showed great restraint. However, at one point a cop car cut the loony off to try and stop things and a cop got caught between the car and the loony toon, and he lunged toward the cop with his knife. No time to decide "is he just pretending or joking?"
Bad example, if someone is lunging toward you with a knife while you're pointing a gun at them that's a pretty big no brainer. Shoot.

I'm talking about something like the previous example of a homeowner chasing a home invader out of his house and then shooting them in the back while they're running away. Obviously his life was not in danger at that point, and instead of calling the police once they left to track them down, the guy shoots him in the back. That's just bad judgement and he deserved to be prosecuted.

is fundamental test

Old April 18th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #21: [Thread] [Post]
Darth-gamer

Veteran Member
Premium Member

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Quote:
Bad example, if someone is lunging toward you with a knife while you're pointing a gun at them that's a pretty big no brainer. Shoot.

I'm talking about something like the previous example of a homeowner chasing a home invader out of his house and then shooting them in the back while they're running away. Obviously his life was not in danger at that point, and instead of calling the police once they left to track them down, the guy shoots him in the back. That's just bad judgement and he deserved to be prosecuted.
But the thing is, most people know that. What is happening though, especially with the Zimmerman thing, is that this guy chased someone down, clearly not "standing his ground" and yet people are jumping all over the "Stand Your Ground laws are a license to shoot first and ask questions later" nonsense bandwangon.

Old April 18th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #22: [Thread] [Post]
Rabid
NEED MOAR DEE-PEE-ESS

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Horadric Cube
I really fail to see how he can even claim the "Stand your ground" law defense, given that he was following the guy in his car. He must have gotten out of his car at some point, and at that point I feel like Zimmerman was the aggressor. Now, I don't know all of the details of the case, but that's what I understand to be the sequence of events. I defer to the jury who decides on the case.

is fundamental test

Old April 18th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #23: [Thread] [Post]
Alu
Just Alu...only better.

EPIC POST! Vanilla Pitchfork Award-You-Can't-Refuse From the Grave Jamie Wannabe 

Super Moderator
Premium Member

Civil Protection
Quote:
I really fail to see how he can even claim the "Stand your ground" law defense, given that he was following the guy in his car. He must have gotten out of his car at some point, and at that point I feel like Zimmerman was the aggressor. Now, I don't know all of the details of the case, but that's what I understand to be the sequence of events. I defer to the jury who decides on the case.
Nobody knows all the details to the event. The only person who saw the whole thing and is still alive is Zimmerman.

That's why there isn't much the case can be compared to. I'm thinking the 2nd degree murder charges will get dropped down to manslaughter at some point, since there's no clear evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

Old April 18th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #24: [Thread] [Post]
Rabid
NEED MOAR DEE-PEE-ESS

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Horadric Cube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu View Post
That's why there isn't much the case can be compared to. I'm thinking the 2nd degree murder charges will get dropped down to manslaughter at some point, since there's no clear evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.
Depends on how much evidence the prosecution thinks it has. Nevertheless, I agree, with what is known about the case, 2nd Degree murder would probably be tough to sell to a jury, Manslaughter, however is almost a given.

is fundamental test

Old April 21st, 2012, 05:52 PM   #25: [Thread] [Post]
Schteve
Timothy Dolan is so straight

GameWinners Year End Award Winner Jamie Wannabe Thing Yang FWG Host EPIC POST! 

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
Premium Member

Achievement Unlocked
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-gamer View Post
But the thing is, most people know that. What is happening though, especially with the Zimmerman thing, is that this guy chased someone down, clearly not "standing his ground" and yet people are jumping all over the "Stand Your Ground laws are a license to shoot first and ask questions later" nonsense bandwangon.
Do I get to lol and ask if you changed your mind should be get away with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceth
Saying that if we removed guns from all the law-abiding citizens, the country would be a safer place is like saying second-hand smoke kills. Just a bunch of lies.
lol

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box.

Post New Thread Reply

GameWinners.com Forums > Social Interaction > Debate & Discussion > Current Events & General Discussion