The web's largest cheats, codes, and game help site  
CHEATS | NEWS | FORUMS | REVIEWS | VIDEOS | SEARCH 

Go Back   GameWinners.com Forums > Social Interaction > Debate & Discussion > Current Events & General Discussion > Member Journals/Blogs

Post New Thread Reply    

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #16: [Thread] [Post]
Beha
Who Wants a Hug?

GameWinners Year End Award Winner Forums Traveler Award-You-Can't-Refuse Vanilla Pitchfork Maltese Vulture 

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
Premium Member
News Editor

Silent Assassin
I hate life.

It's horrible. My girlfriend broke up with me last night. Many of us are quite convinced it has a lot to do with this damn sophomore in high school. She's a senior. And I, I'm a freshman in college, and she's coming here next year. Ugh. It sucks, the day after is terrible, I literally feel like total sh!t right now. I don't know, I was convinced we could work it out, but, no. She claims she just realized that she couldn't love me on a level higher than friends. So it seems I'm too good of friends with girls before I date them, ugh, cause this is like the 2nd or 3rd one that's used that excuse. Out of 3, mind you. So maybe I should be an ass hole to girls and then be nice and they'll stay, ugh.

Also school is sh!t, I have to create a CSS website and I have no idea how to do that, and tests and she's coming here next year and, gaaaahhhh!!! Life is crap.

Old March 9th, 2010, 07:41 PM   #17: [Thread] [Post]
Beha
Who Wants a Hug?

GameWinners Year End Award Winner Forums Traveler Award-You-Can't-Refuse Vanilla Pitchfork Maltese Vulture 

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
Premium Member
News Editor

Silent Assassin
Ok, I felt the need to rant so I dug this up.

Uhhh, let me recap since the last post.

She did indeed break up with my for the sophomore (who is now a senior in HIGH SCHOOL) and a grease monkey.

In April of that year I met my current girlfriend, and this coming April the 8th we will have been dating for 2 years. Huzzah! I did find a restaurant job... and quit. Horrible idea. I also worked at a Petland and did amazing at selling puppies, until they gave me a cat and then took it away 2 weeks later. I was just so furious at what they did and how upset they made her I couldn't work for them. Bad idea in retrospect, really bad idea, but what happened happened.

I switched my major. I entertained law or radio/television, but now I am doing Social Science Education. I hope to teach online so I can have a lot of time to work on film stuff, but if not I'll teach high school and still pursue it as a side project, and eventually break into the industry.... somehow. Else I'll get my doctorate (I plan on masters for sure, perhaps doctorate (I'm like 50/50 on that right now) later on) and teach college someplace awesome like USC. I tried being an RA on campus, failed, but my gf got a spot and is working on getting me in.

I'm just angry because my gf's next door neighbor went to UCF as well to get in to the film program. Most think she is pretty, so everyone of course jumped up to help her out, and now she got accepted into the program and EVERYONE is praising her. Seriously. She's a total ditz, has totaled two cars in like 2 months, and I don't think she's very creative, whereas some of the ideas I have are really innovative (I feel) and I think could do well.

It just upsets me because everyone is like bowing down to her every request, whereas I couldn't even get anyone to help me with one single short film. I had (and still have) a shooting script all worked out, and no one was willing to help me, not even to support me. I kept telling them I only needed them for like 3 hours to shoot something, it'd be quick, and they couldn't even do that!

In short I am just really frustrated and might rant later, I just needed to get this out. Sorry for the thread necro, guys, however I figured it would be better than just starting a brand new one.

In short: sometimes I really wish I had boobs. :/ And I need a camera... if anyone knows where I can get an amazing deal on video cameras please let me know.

Quote Beha edited at 07:43 PM (March 9th, 2010)

Old March 10th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #18: [Thread] [Post]
Olga
Hic et Nunc

Forums Traveler Decade Award 

Ex-Moderator

Guitar Hero
Boobs won't get you as far as you think, and ultimately, when you get older, and if you rise to any real status they'll be nothing but a hindrance.

Old March 11th, 2010, 02:26 AM   #19: [Thread] [Post]
Beha
Who Wants a Hug?

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
Premium Member
News Editor

Silent Assassin
Yeah but... I dunno. I mean I really feel like I could do it, I just need a camera, and I don't have a job currently... I bet if I sold all my games and stuff I could do it, but then the question is, do I want to?

Okay, so it's been two years. I have to have some good story worth posting. OH! Hell yeah, I have it.

Alright. Back when Saw V came out, the website did a promotion. You could enter in two people's phone numbers and names. It then spit out a prerecorded message from Jigsaw something along the lines of, "Hello Tom. Would you like to play a game? You see, I have your friend Luke here, and we're ready to play." It was a lot longer than that but that was the general gist of it. Then after a voice said, "Saw V in theaters..." whenever it came out.

My girlfriend and I found out about this when we were killing time before having to head to her parents house in Tampa for the weekend (probably around 8:00pm-ish) and my phone rang. I looked at my caller ID and it said she was calling. Well her phone was right next to mine so I found it odd, picked it up and heard the message with our names in it. Laughed trying to figure out who did it and then picked a list of five people we figured it would be to hit them back. Sure enough, we got right on pick #2 being her roommate. We then plotted on who this could work for. We tried a few people, no responses. We then decided to call my old boss (whom would've laughed at this stuff and was a fan of the Saw series) and a friend of ours who is a really f*cking uppity, prude-type person.

Now, the first mistake came with my old boss. I did it that it called him and mentioned my mom (they worked closely together). He freaked out and called his boss and his bosses boss, then called me asking if he had seen my mom. Apparently they had been laying off several people that were shady and had violently threatened them. That was understood and forgiven (perhaps) because I had no idea, but I did get scolded hard for it by my mother. Then came the real fun from my friend.

We had gone to the same high school, been in the theater together, and were decent friends. He came to UCF as well and was a grade below me. About 2 minutes after we sent the call to his phone (that Jigsaw was with his girlfriend's little sister, because it was the only name of the three siblings it could recognize) we heard and watched literally 5 police cruisers fly past our development and go into the University and turn into Lake Claire, the dorm community on campus he lived in. We got really spooked and decided to play it safe, grabbed everything and booked it. Sure enough, when we got to Tampa we did some Facebook stalking and found out he called the cops because he had thought somebody kidnapped her. Why did he do this? Because he called his gf and she didn't know where her little sis was. Where was her little sister at that moment? Eating dinner with her family, except for his gf. So he freaked thinking that somebody was going to harm her. So I successfully got three countines worth of police departments in on this.

We start rolling in laughter at this. We couldn't believe he got trolled this hard. But then we decided to break and call his girlfriend and explain what happened. She laughed, at first. Until her mom found out and went postal. I think she even tried threatening to press charges of attempting kidnapping at me. I pointed out that it is not my fault if they overreacted. A) He just says he is with them and B) It mentions at the end of the phone call it is an advertisement. It is not my fault if they cannot pay attention to the whole recording. It is the same thing as if you tried suing a company because you neglected to read the fine print on a product. But that didn't matterI basically ended up igniting a huge grudge that I think some of them still carry to this day and had to answer a call from the Orlando Sheriff about not doing this again.

That phone call rocked. He told me she had decided not to press charges and I was lucky and sh*t. I told him, respectfully of course, that she had no possible course of action against me because it was neglect on her part to not listen to the whole thing. He then told me something along the lines of I committed a crime because although I did not threaten to kidnap her, the fact that I threatened her safety, it was the exact same thing. I told him there is no way that threatening to kidnap a girl and saying you are with a girl (when one is a family friend) is the same thing, but he told me it didn't matter what I thought. When I asked what trouble the girlfriend would have been in when it was discovered she lied to her boyfriend about her sister's location which led to police involvement, he thanked me for being understanding and asked me to just please not use the service again. When I asked him again for an answer he hung up. What a wake up call.

So yeah, that's probably the best real life trolling story I will ever have.

Old March 21st, 2010, 11:51 PM   #20: [Thread] [Post]
Beha
Who Wants a Hug?

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
Premium Member
News Editor

Silent Assassin
You guys have got to see this. I am in a group doing a presentation for my intro to education class. The topic is arguing why church and state should not be separated in the schools. My group consists of four people. Originally, it was three. I explained why choosing this topic would be a cinch, they all agreed, and we signed up for it. We then found out a fourth person signed underneath our names. When I gave him the same rundown of the topics, he agreed, then began to spew his own bull sh*t that made no sense. Yet it did because he was Catholic.

wat?

So, him and one other guy got together to work on the paper and powerpoint, and then me and my friend were going to get together today to finish it up. Well, when we got together we were overjoyed to see the paper was completely written and the powerpoint done. That is, until we read the paper. I give you, in all it's shameful glory, the paper that THEY believed would pass:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retards
Should we maintain the separation of Church and State in Public schools?

NO

The separation of church and state is an idea that has been argued for as long as this country has been around. It has extended into our public school system and has dictated that public schools cannot teach from a religious standpoint. But the actual separation of church and state is in fact impossible. Every single person has been raised with their own set of religious beliefs and no matter how much they convince themselves otherwise it will affect the way that they make their choices in life. Since everyone makes their choices based upon their own values and beliefs then it would make sense to try and give people the chance to learn certain ideals that would teach them to act in a way that is beneficial to all people.

Religion has been used as a way to teach moral values. All people are individuals and many have morals and values that they believe to be true. Teaching about God requires a person to think of Him as holy and forgiving, full of mercy and always there to help mankind. This also would require a person to have higher moral values. If you teach students the values of a “God” and not a man this will cause them to behave and take a higher road. If every decision a student makes on a daily basis was based on "What would God do?" they may think twice before cheating, stealing, lying to teachers and faculty. Since this thought has been replaced with freedom of speech and we have allowed everyone to decide what is right in their own eyes, now young adults with no life experiences are making their own decisions without a foundation, and they do not always make the best decisions. Morals have dropped drastically and things that were thought to be embarrassing or shameful for society, like teen pregnancy, STDs, smoking, drug-use, lying, cheating, and fighting are the norm in schools today.

Taking the Church out of school has affected the attitudes of the students and teachers. The free exercise clause states that: “Congress shall make no law prohibiting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof…” When a young mind is allowed to make decisions based upon what makes them happy, the outcome can be very drastic. Since there are so many different attitudes in the world and no two people are the same we now have a problem with the attitudes of students and teachers. Many young people only value pleasure and youth, not realizing every second of the day they are getting older and becoming more independent. Since prayer has been taken out of school it has opened the door to many other things which can affect the attitudes of the young. Telling students that religion is trouble and causes division is one thing, but to take God out of the picture due to a couple of extremist has affected the moral attitudes of students. Money, sex, drugs, music, and fashion are most important to a majority of students. It's not about what you are learning anymore, but what you are wearing and who you may be sleeping with. Also many teachers only want a pay check, and can care less about these out of control kids. They feel it's the parent’s problem; I have my own problems, some teachers may think. Letting a god back in also brings in love, respect, kindness, strength and patience which should be shown towards students and staff.

Taking the Church out of school has also affected funding schools receive from private religious groups. Schools are publicly funded and can receive donations for those in the surrounding community. A school could be located in a lower income area which will then create lower income students. Churches are private and many have money that could be used to help with this problem. Since religious teachings are not allowed in school, the churches also may decide not to donate to the local schools since their basic teachings about God and prayer are not allowed. Many churches then create private schools which are funded by their members and parents of the students. It would be best for public schools to allow the churches to help out. Inform the religious officials that they are not allowed to come into the class room and push their religious beliefs, but there could be set times and days that students could invite these officials on campus for prayer.

By no means are we suggesting that a particular religion should be taught within public schools since that would be biased and unfair to other religions. What is being suggested, however, is that the religious ideals that these religions teach should be brought into the public school system. Through the teaching of religious ideals, students will see multiple viewpoints allowing them to understand multiple ways of thinking. They will also be able to understand why people make the decisions that they do because of the ideals that they are striving for. Teaching these religious ideals will also help students understand what motivates people.

References:
4parents.gov;
http://www.4parents.gov/sexrisky/tee...teen_preg.html
Seriously. No indentation, like three spaces in between each paragraph, and horrible, fallacy-ridden logic. Needless to say, what I hoped would be a peaceful night has just turned into another long one...

Old April 1st, 2010, 12:53 AM   #21: [Thread] [Post]
Beha
Who Wants a Hug?

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
Premium Member
News Editor

Silent Assassin
Well, it looks like this relationship has come to an end...

I don't know for sure, but it's tough you know? So sorry for those of you that played with her online and thought she was cool. Unless you talk to her you probably won't see her again.

Old April 21st, 2010, 01:55 AM   #22: [Thread] [Post]
Beha
Who Wants a Hug?

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
Premium Member
News Editor

Silent Assassin
Heh, I hate being that couple.

We're back on, then we broke up again, now we're kind of back on. It's not healthy... I know.

Uhhhh, other than that, I am learning the guitar and actually really starting. Does anybody have any good tips on easy but fun stuff to start out with? I picked up a Nirvana book that has both chords and tabs. I really want to learn to read sheet music with guitar as I hear it's totally different then piano, but nobody I run in to ever seems to know how.

I'd post audio recordings of me learning songs, but I suck, so maybe some other time, lol.

Anyhow, a more serious question, I guess. I have a scenario for anyone that happens to wander around in here. I'd love to hear your answer to it.

You're wandering down the street and you hear a woman screaming. You see a child running into the middle of the street, about to be hit by a bus. The bus is going roughly 40 MPH and does not see the child. You have two options. You either watch in horror as the child is killed by the bus, or you run and save the child, however you know you will not have enough time to escape the bus and will be killed yourself.

So, please none of this internet tough guy bull sh*t, in all honesty which would you do, be the hero that saves the child but suffers a deadly fate, or do nothing and watch a horrific tragedy unfold. I'm also curious why on which side you fall, explain your reasoning, if you will (although I doubt anyone will even read this and respond anyhow).

Old April 21st, 2010, 02:13 AM   #23: [Thread] [Post]
Cavalier!
The only brew for the brave and true...

Steam Player Lie to Me 

Veteran Member

Horadric Cube
Honestly. I'd probably let the child die. I'd like to be able to say i wouldn't, but i'd probably be too frozen with fear or the instinct of self preservation would kick in.

Old April 30th, 2010, 01:05 AM   #24: [Thread] [Post]
Beha
Who Wants a Hug?

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
Premium Member
News Editor

Silent Assassin
So I feel like this is going to be a lonely summer.

I don't have a gf anymore, all of my friends are going away... I need to find a job desperately.

I went to audition for a stunt show that will be in the new Harry Potter part of the park they're opening up and I was really upset. I was incredibly out-classed in every way. These guys were doing standing backflips, double and triple flips, 580 flips... I can barely do a cartwheel.

So that really upset me but I have another audition for a different part of the park this Saturday, so let's hope that it goes a lot better this time around...

Old June 3rd, 2010, 02:09 AM   #25: [Thread] [Post]
Beha
Who Wants a Hug?

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
Premium Member
News Editor

Silent Assassin
Mmmmm, time to update.

Of course, per usual we worked things out again and things are on the up.

I have a job at BJ's restaurant and hopefully will be getting an IT job at my apartment complex soon and get free rent!

I don't know what else, I'm exhausted and gonna go to bed perhaps I'll think of more later.

Old April 5th, 2012, 03:25 AM   #26: [Thread] [Post]
Beha
Who Wants a Hug?

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
Premium Member
News Editor

Silent Assassin
Hey guys!

So I decided to start a for real blog on wordpress and am hoping to reach out to many others with it. It is going to focus on my constant struggles with ADD, ADHD, etc etc etc as well as many other societal analysis. I would love for some of you guys to follow this as I bet many of you struggle with a lot of the same stuff that I do.

http://wordsofimport.wordpress.com/

Post New Thread Reply

GameWinners.com Forums > Social Interaction > Debate & Discussion > Current Events & General Discussion > Member Journals/Blogs