The web's largest cheats, codes, and game help site  
CHEATS | NEWS | FORUMS | REVIEWS | VIDEOS | SEARCH 

Go Back   GameWinners.com Forums > Consoles & Technology > Nintendo > Wii Consoles

Post New Thread Reply

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2011, 07:08 AM   #1: [Thread] [Post]
Neo Matrix
Doesn't get the point of PIMI

My Way Al Sighting Forums Traveler Post Potentate SMod Mario 

Premium Member
News Editor

Guitar Hero
Is The Wii U Next-Gen Enough To Make A Difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameInformer
Though he thinks it's ambitious, Wedbush game industry analyst Michael Pachter questions the chops of Nintendo's new console.

In his monthly Pachter's Podium Q&A on IndustryGamers.com, the media friendly industry forecaster was asked what Nintendo needs to do to deliver a hugely successful launch and right the ship. His response points to the tough sell Nintendo may have on its hands.

"It's a new console, with new controls and architecture, but it's not quite "next" generation," he said. "Developers have to contend with differences between the Wii U and current generation consoles, then have to figure out what to do with the controls. The timing is still up in the air, and as far as I know, there are no significant third party exclusives; instead, we'll see iterations of third party games already on the market, which is unlikely to drive significant hardware sales."

If it's true that Nintendo is playing catch-up on old game titles with the new console instead of leading with innovative experiences you can't find anywhere else, Pachter may be right. Consumers may balk if they can just go get the PS3 or Xbox 360, which have much more established game libraries, online marketplaces, and multimedia options, and potentially more attractive price points. If Nintendo truly wants to make a splash, Pachter recommends another strategy.

"In order for the launch to be "hugely successful," the console will need three things: a competitive price, compelling first party launch titles, and compelling third party launch titles. We don't know if the Wii U will have any of these, so it's quite difficult to predict a hugely successful launch."
Source...

YOU for posting ALL THE THINGS!!!
How else are we going to get some more activity around here?

油断せずに行って、昨日の自分より強くなりなさい。平成25年6月19日
Playing: WWE '13 (PS3), Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (PS3), Spec Ops: The Line (PS3), Dance Central (Xbox360)
Current Anime: Naruto Shippuden, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
Now Playing... in New Forums: Under Construction... again

Old October 15th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #2: [Thread] [Post]
Puffy Ghost

Grammar Nazi 

Horadric Cube
In a word. No. But I'm sure I'll end up getting one on or around launch anyway.

Old October 15th, 2011, 11:18 PM   #3: [Thread] [Post]
acid_soda
IS A BAD DOG

Al Sighting 

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Horadric Cube
honestly, it's a step forward but it's also two steps back. Nintendo devised two motion controllers -- one to each hand -- to be used for Wii games. That was unheard of and kind of crazy, but it wound up making for some very unique gaming and it also expanded the game market greatly.

However, the Wii U has a thick controller with a large touchscreen and joysticks on either side. That's not unique nor is it new... it's just an uninspired, awkward mix between new and old control concepts for games.

If Nintendo really wanted to move things forward, they should have just used the touchscreen as an opportunity to do away with joysticks, consoles, and television sets altogether. A Nintendo tablet would actually be pretty cool... not to mention it could serve more purposes than just gaming.

++++++++[>++++>++++++>++++++++>++++++++++++<<<<-]>>>+++++++++.<<.>>>++++++++++++.+++.+++++++.-----------------.<<<.>>>++++++++++++++++++++.----- -----.++++++.<<<+.

Old October 16th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #4: [Thread] [Post]
Puffy Ghost

Grammar Nazi 

Horadric Cube
Tablets aren't new or unique either, they've been around for nearly a decade. Nintendo is combining a controller and a tablet, I don't really see what's so bad about that.

Nintendo has always been the company to innovate in the console world, obviously not everything is going to be a huge success, but without further details (like launch price and what this controller can actually DO) we still have no way to judge the Wii U at the moment.

Old January 18th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #5: [Thread] [Post]
SkySonata

Press Start
Nintendo Wii U will be utterly outdated within a few years if it doesn't pack hella heat in its GPU.

Old January 19th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #6: [Thread] [Post]
Puffy Ghost

Grammar Nazi 

Horadric Cube
Every console is horribly outdated within a couple years. The Wii U is set to be outdated right from launch, just like the Wii.

It's not like that didn't work out well for Nintendo...

Old January 21st, 2012, 02:15 PM   #7: [Thread] [Post]
Crazy Jamie
First recipient of the Amaloo Award

GameWinners Year End Award Winner EPIC POST! Steam Player Resident Weasel Amaloo Prize 

Super Moderator
Premium Member

M-M-M-Monster Kill!
Just like the Wii, it's obvious that Nintendo is thinking outside the box with the Wii U. It's an approach that didn't and still hasn't appealed to me, but they did very well out of it. I am just going to wait and watch with the Wii U and see what happens. I have nothing to judge it on at the moment.

"Mind if I use your phone? If word gets out that I'm missing five hundred girls will kill themselves."

Old February 12th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #8: [Thread] [Post]
Shasta420
Welcome to Strangeland

Resident Weasel Amaloo Prize Voting Booth Pollster From the Grave Decade Award 

Veteran Member

Zone Cleared
I guess my general consinsis is the same. Wait and see. I hope for nintendos sake they put every effort forward and don't fall short. I'd hate to have to play my Mario games on a xbox console 10 years from now.

Old March 1st, 2012, 01:44 PM   #9: [Thread] [Post]
Scaramanga
I love Jenna Jameson

Veteran Member

Press Start
Enough to make a difference? Absolutely...BUT for how long? Most likely for as long as a year and that's it. The third Xbox and fourth PS4 will be here by then and WAY ahead of Nintendo AS ALWAYS. Zelda and Mario is all Nintendo has. They ought to think about becoming a strictly software-only company if they want to survive or let Microsoft buy them and take down the worthless Sony fruitcakes.

Old March 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #10: [Thread] [Post]
The_Game_Master
Veteran Member

Veteran Member

Horadric Cube
On the bright side at least so far its letting us keep backwards compatibility and used games compared to what the next xbox and Orbis will do.

But for the love of god please add profiles so we can download our games and play them on another console already.
  Donate your daughter's organs to the Aperture Science Enrichment Center, you won't regret it.  

Old March 29th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #11: [Thread] [Post]
Puffy Ghost

Grammar Nazi 

Horadric Cube
Quote:
But for the love of god please add profiles so we can download our games and play them on another console already.
They are. Nintendo Network is set to launch with the Wii U or shortly thereafter.

Not that this new service won't have it's fair share of problems, but it's a step in the right direction for sure, if it's even comparable to PSN and XBL I'll be more than satisfied.

Old June 6th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #12: [Thread] [Post]
Soda Shop Hero
A Generation of Chaos

Post Potentate Lose the Loose! Y2K Mod Mario Decade Award 

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
I know in the digital world everyone wants "nothing" and to pay crazy amounts for it but I still love my physical. Heck, I even spent the last year tracking down Zelda games that came on the Gamecube so I could play them on the Wii. I know there is the shop but I just like having the real thing.

I had heard that Nintendo has always tried their best to have some sort of backwards workings like the 1st DS could play GBA Games too ...Wii can play GameCube and I guess you can consider the gameboy adapter on SNES (and Gamecube) too.

But I am wondering will the Wii-U play GameCube Games too? How about DVDs finally? I know Blu Ray is popular and again the whole ditigal media thing but I am a bit of a tv show and movie buff and the deals on those DVDs are insanely crazy. I can buy full seasons of my favorite tv shows at Big Lots for as low as 3 Dollars NEW in some cases.

Edit: I know like almost a year ago it was annouced that it wouldnt play either but I was kind of hopeing they had changed their mind atleast on the GameCube side of things. I like the idea of an "All In One" type thing. To say well, people already own DVD players, is well its kind of silly. Yes, I do but its unplugged at the moment and it would save some space.

I guess when the Wii U comes... I might buy when its cheaper but just stack it ontop of the Wii. But does this mean that the actual Wii Disc's are different than the Wii U's?

Quote Soda Shop Hero edited at 12:00 AM (June 7th, 2012)
  Mod of and currently discussing 2013/2014 Wrestling Titles ONLY at Wrestling Games Genre - WWE'2K14 - Become Immortal! and Possible TNA Game?  

Post New Thread Reply

GameWinners.com Forums > Consoles & Technology > Nintendo > Wii Consoles