The web's largest cheats, codes, and game help site  
CHEATS | NEWS | FORUMS | REVIEWS | VIDEOS | SEARCH 

Go Back   GameWinners.com Forums > Consoles & Technology > Past Generations > Past Generations > Nintendo 64

Post New Thread Reply    

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #16: [Thread] [Post]
DarksimMing

Press Start
Very well thought out matt foley, i agree with your coments about; radar, weapons, sims, and pd via cube, but i thought it diserved a better rating as the multiplayer like u said is very unique and i think it more makes up for the small weaknes in graphics... after all game play will always trump grafics!
I did not have a problem with the controls, with the aception it is near imposible to try to snipe some o the harder sims, also i had a problem with the whole crouching thing, but all that was probly what u where talking about... lol

As far as double posting goes i am sorry but i have a lot to say! lol jk jk

Old December 18th, 2007, 12:30 AM   #17: [Thread] [Post]
Fool's Requiem
This is the song that never ends.

Post Potentate Decade Award 

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Silent Assassin
Thumbs up AND NOW A WORD FROM YOUR LOCAL PEANUT GALLERY...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksimMing
Very well thought out matt foley, i agree with your coments about; radar, weapons, sims, and pd via cube, but i thought it diserved a better rating as the multiplayer like u said is very unique and i think it more makes up for the small weaknes in graphics... after all game play will always trump grafics!
I did not have a problem with the controls, with the aception it is near imposible to try to snipe some o the harder sims, also i had a problem with the whole crouching thing, but all that was probly what u where talking about... lol
Yeah well your opinion of my review amounts to just about JACK SQUAT!!!

Seriously, though...
The controls are mainly why I gave the game an 8.5, the graphics and difficult problems don't really hamper the way I play the game.

I've tried just about every single control set up and I have a hard time getting used to it. Like you said, sniping fokes long distance is a chore because the default setting has the Look and Turn controls on 2 different thumbs. If they had a control set up that allows me to Move and Strafe with the thumbstick and Look and Turn C buttons, the controls wouldn't be much of a problem. The best control set-up I found has the D-Pad and the C buttons Move and Strafe and the thumb stick looks and turns, but Aiming with the Thumb stick is still pretty hard.

Here's what I think the Button Layout should be for right handed people (even as a lefty I like the right handed set ups):

Thumb Stick, D-Pad- Move -Strafe
C- Up, Down- Look Up and Down (Allowing Inverting too)
*R- Shoot
*Z, L- Aim
A: Crouch (since there's no jumping in PD)
B: Reload (Hold to and use the Up-Down C buttons to cycle through the weapons)

*Z and R could be interchangeable since the Z button is the most used button for Shooting in games on the N64.

Old December 28th, 2007, 12:27 AM   #18: [Thread] [Post]
DarksimMing

Press Start
ok... ok.... the controls may be a problem. i never realy thought about it, on acount i dont play on more advanced consol systems often... except for Star Wars Battlefront II for ps2 GREAT GAME. But still! you can try to compare it to golden eye a game with simple controls, but thats just it... i dont tend to compare them because golden eye only has good controls while the game is way too simple, and not nearly as interactive as pd. In the end there is one flaw tat u find in all games these days. The more compex a game is the more details will be better off changed, for the simple fact, so many of these thick headed game creators rush through things, only thinking about getting $$$ faster! I want someone to set out to make a game that NO ONE will forget. Even make several games for each of the major game groups, RTS, FPS, RPG, ect, each garentied the best in there particular groups. An Adventure such as this woul take HUGE amounts of funding, and teams opon teams of experts but would be well worth it. CAN I GET AN HURRRAH! well any way.

hear is a good multiplayer game... James Bond- The World is NOt Enough! great game. good multiplayer, GREAT CONTROLS, and fun missions. i cant tell u how much fun i used to have inviting a buddy over playing teams against sims. fun fun fun!

NEW SIGNATURE! remember this... " i am the wizzard of oz great and terible!"

Quote DarksimMing edited at 12:27 AM (December 28th, 2007) (Reason: Multi-Post)

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN

Old December 29th, 2007, 08:32 AM   #19: [Thread] [Post]
Neo Matrix
Doesn't get the point of PIMI

My Way Al Sighting Forums Traveler Post Potentate SMod Mario 

Premium Member
News Editor

Guitar Hero
I'll have to disagree with you on the control mappings for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. For a console game in its day they were perfect for movement.

Funnily enough, my uncle now can't play the current crop of games (Splinter Cell Double Agent/Ghost Recon/Halo) because there isn't a mapping similar to those games. He can just about find something close to the PD setup on Rainbow Six Vegas, but he can't take cover behind a wall because you can't aim the same way without breaking your cover.

The mouse and keyboard-equivalent setup that all games have now has become a standard and any game that doesn't do it is seen as a minus point. Holding down B and pressing Up/Down-C doesn't fit unless you hold the controller in a "weird" way because Left-C would be in the way.

YOU for posting ALL THE THINGS!!!
How else are we going to get some more activity around here?

油断せずに行って、昨日の自分より強くなりなさい。平成25年6月19日
Playing: WWE '13 (PS3), Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (PS3), Spec Ops: The Line (PS3), Dance Central (Xbox360)
Current Anime: Naruto Shippuden, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
Now Playing... in New Forums: Under Construction... again

Old January 9th, 2008, 10:17 PM   #20: [Thread] [Post]
Devils Knife

Press Start
Hello

I have only played Perfect Dark once, when I hired it for a weekend about 7 years ago. 3 guesses where I stayed all weekend

It is a bit hard to remember, back in the day but I can remember absoloutely loving the multiplayer. The way you could have sims as well as people playing was great. Also the fair range of weapons was a big plus.

I can't ever remember having problems with the controls though, I dunno maybe it could have been because I was young I picked it up better, I have no idea.

All up a 9.5 out of 10 love that game and can't wait to get my hands on it again. Woot for ebay!

Old January 12th, 2008, 08:53 PM   #21: [Thread] [Post]
DarksimMing

Press Start
SO HAS ANY ONE TRIED OUT THE CHALLENGES FROM PG 1? ITS NOT AN OPTION ITS YOUR DUTY AS A PD FAN!

Old January 17th, 2008, 06:32 PM   #22: [Thread] [Post]
DarksimMing

Press Start
FOR PIRFECT DARK HELP GO TO, http://perfectdark.3dactionplanet.ga...com/pd/guides/
JUST ANOUTHER MESSAGE FROM YOUR FRIENDLY PD BUDDY.

Old July 17th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #23: [Thread] [Post]
BayouBilly

Press Start
Good but not as good as goldeneye

Post New Thread Reply

GameWinners.com Forums > Consoles & Technology > Past Generations > Past Generations > Nintendo 64