The web's largest cheats, codes, and game help site  
CHEATS | NEWS | FORUMS | REVIEWS | VIDEOS | SEARCH 

Go Back   GameWinners.com Forums > Consoles & Technology > Past Generations > Past Generations > Nintendo 64

Post New Thread Reply

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #1: [Thread] [Post]
Alu
Just Alu...only better.

EPIC POST! Vanilla Pitchfork Award-You-Can't-Refuse From the Grave Jamie Wannabe 

Super Moderator
Premium Member

Civil Protection
What Game Deserves an Upgrade?

As inspired by the thread in the Sega Sub-forum, this is a thread dedicated to those games from your NES days you would love to see remade for a modern console, or have a sequel come out on a modern console (like the New Sonic 4 coming out - if you would like to discuss that new Sonic, there's a thread in the Sonic Series Forum).

We've seen some nice ones come out from Nintendo, with the new SMB side-scroller being the most recent modern adaptation of a classic game. It had great gameplay and had some decently difficult parts of it. What other games would you like to see something like this happen to?

Old March 24th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #2: [Thread] [Post]
Fan3
Is a Gleek

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Horadric Cube
I'd say Smash bros, but they did that already. Then I'd say Banjo Kazooie, but they did that too. And Zelda never stopped. I guess it really shows that Nintendo sort of knows what it's doing, because I can't think of any real games that deserve the call-up. Anyone?

Old March 24th, 2010, 02:25 PM   #3: [Thread] [Post]
Alu
Just Alu...only better.

EPIC POST! Vanilla Pitchfork Award-You-Can't-Refuse From the Grave Jamie Wannabe 

Super Moderator
Premium Member

Civil Protection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan3 View Post
I'd say Smash bros, but they did that already. Then I'd say Banjo Kazooie, but they did that too. And Zelda never stopped. I guess it really shows that Nintendo sort of knows what it's doing, because I can't think of any real games that deserve the call-up. Anyone?
Conkers Bad Fur Day? Was that remade on the Wii or even GC? (turns out it was bought out by Xbox)

How about a new Star Fox in the same style as the originals? There hasn't been one for the Wii yet right?

I would like to see a remake of Goldeneye though, same game, but remade with better graphics and smoother gameplay. It would also be cool to maybe incorporate the wiimote for aiming (if you would want to, as an option).

Old March 24th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #4: [Thread] [Post]
Fan3
Is a Gleek

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Horadric Cube
I never really got into Conker... That is until I played the demo on Xbox. Thought it was ok, but It's not really my genre. Some people would have a lot of fun with it, I'm sure.

Star Fox is worth, I'd appreciate a new one. No, there isn't a Star Fox Wii (at least not to my knowledge). There was that one on the GameCube that let you get out on foot. Love if they'd do something like that again; maybe Mass Effect style?

As for Goldeneye, a lot of people think that's the best FPS, ever, so a remake could be highly-successful. Just not on the Wii .

Old March 24th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #5: [Thread] [Post]
Alu
Just Alu...only better.

Super Moderator
Premium Member

Civil Protection
Quote:
I never really got into Conker... That is until I played the demo on Xbox. Thought it was ok, but It's not really my genre. Some people would have a lot of fun with it, I'm sure.

Star Fox is worth, I'd appreciate a new one. No, there isn't a Star Fox Wii (at least not to my knowledge). There was that one on the GameCube that let you get out on foot. Love if they'd do something like that again; maybe Mass Effect style?

As for Goldeneye, a lot of people think that's the best FPS, ever, so a remake could be highly-successful. Just not on the Wii .
I would like to see a FPS done on the Wii correctly...and an upgrade of Goldeneye seems like it could be a good choice. Honestly, they'd just need to change the pointer finger on the main system menu into a cross-hair. And I said option, so you could have the option to play it regular like (what what they did in SSB)

Old March 24th, 2010, 03:06 PM   #6: [Thread] [Post]
Fan3
Is a Gleek

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Horadric Cube
I know this is a bit off topic, but doesn't that show the flaw that is the Wiimote? 90% of the time, you're better of just using a gamecube controller...

I think a main hang-up in making Goldeneye Wii is the graphics. Most likely they wouldn't be much better then what you saw on the 64, and that's a real turnoff.

Old March 24th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #7: [Thread] [Post]
Steven
I Enable People

Veteran Member
Premium Member

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Quest 64 should be remade. It's such an underrated game.

mara: You'll pay, shiven, when I defeat you at a children's card game!

Old March 25th, 2010, 07:57 AM   #8: [Thread] [Post]
Alu
Just Alu...only better.

Super Moderator
Premium Member

Civil Protection
Quote:
I know this is a bit off topic, but doesn't that show the flaw that is the Wiimote? 90% of the time, you're better of just using a gamecube controller...

I think a main hang-up in making Goldeneye Wii is the graphics. Most likely they wouldn't be much better then what you saw on the 64, and that's a real turnoff.
The Wii is worlds ahead of the N64 in terms of graphics...what are you talking about? (for instance, look at Mario Galaxy as compared to Mario 64)

for instance, here is a lo-res image of gameplay from Galaxy
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/ar...5112740834.jpg

and here is one from Mario 64
http://www.geekyasianguy.com/wp-cont...64_mario64.jpg

How about an upgraded version of some of the original games:

Cruisin' USA
Blast Corp
Pilot Wings

I would have thrown Mario 64 in there, since Sunshine was terrible...but they made Galaxy and that was a great one.

Are there any others? I know DK country was another...

Oh man...almost forgot about my favorite game with the most random plot. Turok II (seriously, you're fighting dinosaurs and space cowboys)

Quote Alu edited at 07:57 AM (March 25th, 2010) (Reason: Multi-Post)

Old March 27th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #9: [Thread] [Post]
Fan3
Is a Gleek

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Horadric Cube
It was a totally unintelligent attempt at a joke, Alu . I was just saying how, compared to the rest of the systems, the Wii's graphics are the least appealing.

And anyone who is anyone (I think) likes Pilot Wings. I think Game Informer even compares other similar games to it (they did with this one Wii game, can't remember which).

Wonder what you guys think about maybe a Zelda compilation pack? I know Sony just did one for God of War. I think it could really sell.

Old March 27th, 2010, 09:52 PM   #10: [Thread] [Post]
Alu
Just Alu...only better.

Super Moderator
Premium Member

Civil Protection
Quote:
It was a totally unintelligent attempt at a joke, Alu . I was just saying how, compared to the rest of the systems, the Wii's graphics are the least appealing.

And anyone who is anyone (I think) likes Pilot Wings. I think Game Informer even compares other similar games to it (they did with this one Wii game, can't remember which).

Wonder what you guys think about maybe a Zelda compilation pack? I know Sony just did one for God of War. I think it could really sell.
They had something like that..my brother got it. It had the N64 ones on it (came out for GC I think).

It would be nice, but now with the VC on Wii there's not much of a point for it. It would be a nice way to get it them all out there again, maybe before the next one comes out.

Also, they did the whole Mega Man pack, and that worked well.

Old March 27th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #11: [Thread] [Post]
Fan3
Is a Gleek

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Horadric Cube
Yeah, multi-game packs for franchises like those are very chic right now.

I seem to remember my friends used to love Jet Force Gemini back then. I'm not a shooter guy myself. Think it would catch on in this shooter-saturated market?

Old July 12th, 2011, 07:37 AM   #12: [Thread] [Post]
Machine Gun Cat

Press Start
Bring back Goldeneye with better graphics on 360 so people can have all nighters playing multiplayer on Xbox live with friends. They tried so many times to capture the same flavor as this game and never came close imo.

Post New Thread Reply

GameWinners.com Forums > Consoles & Technology > Past Generations > Past Generations > Nintendo 64