Post New Thread Reply

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #1: [Thread] [Post]
Soda Shop Hero
A Generation of Chaos

Post Potentate Lose the Loose! Y2K Mod Mario Decade Award 

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Email Change Mistake

I do not play WoW nor does anyone in my family but my mom got an email today informing her that her accounts email address has been changed or will be changed to the new one.

Like, I said, she doesnt play and at the bottom it asks you to CONTACT them if its wrong...but when you click click here it takes you to a login page...If we dont have play...we dont have an account...soo um...is this a fake email? or someone changed their account info and put in my moms email...or...whatever?

I done some quick looking at past spam emails from WoW but none of them seem to fit. I have already blocked and marked as spam. It was on a lycos account not sure how to report spam on there.

Quote Soda Shop Hero edited at 05:36 PM (January 5th, 2011)
  Mod of and currently discussing 2013/2014 Wrestling Titles ONLY at Wrestling Games Genre - WWE'2K14 - Become Immortal! and Possible TNA Game?  

Old January 5th, 2011, 05:35 PM   #2: [Thread] [Post]
Spiner202

NFL Pick 'Em Soldier of Fortune Trophy Post Potentate M&R Playlist Jukebox News Editor 

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator
Premium Member

Silent Assassin
It sounds like a scam. How would they get your email address if nobody has signed up? I assume that the reason it takes you to a login page is so that someone who did sign up will put in their account info and have it stolen. If you have any concerns, I would go to Blizzard's website and find a contact button, but I would ignore the email.

Old January 5th, 2011, 09:32 PM   #3: [Thread] [Post]
PsychoMantis
COP KNIFE

Steam Player Mod Mario 

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator

Horadric Cube
It could be a phishing email or just a mistake. What was the email address used by "Blizzard"?
  <3  

Old January 7th, 2011, 04:40 PM   #4: [Thread] [Post]
Soda Shop Hero
A Generation of Chaos

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Well, she just got one just now (which is why I am checking) that said she could get more gold for WoW because she showed interest in playing from a Geliveable.eu and the original was BlizzardAdmins.com I believe...we already blocked it, spammed it and deleted it. Sorry, I dont remember the exact name.

I do, however, remember the former email that we were supposely changing it from. It wouldnt say the actual email just k***@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
It sounds like a scam. How would they get your email address if nobody has signed up? I assume that the reason it takes you to a login page is so that someone who did sign up will put in their account info and have it stolen. If you have any concerns, I would go to Blizzard's website and find a contact button, but I would ignore the email.
Yeah, I thinking that too but I figured just to ignore but today since we got a second email from a different person eh...kind of wish we wrote down the other email.

Quote Soda Shop Hero edited at 04:40 PM (January 7th, 2011) (Reason: Multi-Post)
  Mod of and currently discussing 2013/2014 Wrestling Titles ONLY at Wrestling Games Genre - WWE'2K14 - Become Immortal! and Possible TNA Game?  

Old January 8th, 2011, 09:54 AM   #5: [Thread] [Post]
PsychoMantis
COP KNIFE

Steam Player Mod Mario 

Veteran Member
Ex-Moderator

Horadric Cube
All of this is obviously a phishing scam. Blizzard would never send you something with the name "BlizzardAdmins". Anything from Blizzard will be from "@blizzard.com" or "@battle.net". And I hope you realize the WoW gold is a scam as well.

Quote PsychoMantis edited at 09:55 AM (January 8th, 2011)
  <3  

Old January 9th, 2011, 08:41 AM   #6: [Thread] [Post]
Beardsman
Team Star Wars

Signature Revoked

Press Start
They can be easily faked as well. I've gotten scam emails from "blizzard.com" or "battle.net", but when you hover over the link they provide it's a completely different site. Also, Blizzard will always address you by your account name in any email they send. It will say something like "Greetings [account name]". Plus, Blizzard will never ask you to login to verify anything.

Old January 9th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #7: [Thread] [Post]
Soda Shop Hero
A Generation of Chaos

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Alright, I was just making sure. I knew these phishing scams were around but I wasnt sure about all the different tricks.

Old January 18th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #8: [Thread] [Post]
Soda Shop Hero
A Generation of Chaos

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Okay, she just got another one almost as if its a reminder and the email was "NoReply@Blizzard" and at the bottom it has battle net. We blocked the previous one and deleted it it shouldnt of come back unless this is a different email.

Is the Blizzard Support Webform a good place to send the complaint or whatever youc all it? (located under contact us)

Quote Soda Shop Hero edited at 03:56 PM (January 18th, 2011)

Old January 19th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #9: [Thread] [Post]
dimmerwit
Veteran Member

Steam Player Post Potentate Al Sighting Forums Traveler EPIC POST! 

Veteran Member

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Forward it to hacks@blizzard.net, with all the headers and stuff. There's info here on what legitimate e-mails from Blizzard look like as well, as well as confirming where to report it to.

I get quite a few fakes, despite the fact I only play Starcraft on my account.

----#----------------------------------------------
----#-#-------------------------------------#------
----#----------------------------------------------
-####-#-##---##-##---##-#####-####--#-----#-#-#####
#---#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-----#--#--#-----#-#---#--
#---#-#-#--#--#-#--#--#-####--###---#--#--#-#---#--
#---#-#-#-----#-#-----#-#-----#--#--#-#-#-#-#---#--
-####-#-#-----#-#-----#-#####-#---#-##---##-#---#--

Old January 20th, 2011, 12:11 AM   #10: [Thread] [Post]
Soda Shop Hero
A Generation of Chaos

+2 vs. Chaotic Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmerwit View Post
Forward it to hacks@blizzard.net, with all the headers and stuff. There's info here on what legitimate e-mails from Blizzard look like as well, as well as confirming where to report it to.

I get quite a few fakes, despite the fact I only play Starcraft on my account.
Big help there, the header example there is pretty much how hers looked if she gets a 3rd (as the others have been trashed and blocked) I will def. forward it. Thanks!

Post New Thread Reply

GameWinners.com Forums > General Game Discussion > General Game Help