The web's largest cheats, codes, and game help site  
CHEATS | NEWS | FORUMS | REVIEWS | VIDEOS | SEARCH 

Go Back   GameWinners.com Forums > Consoles & Technology > Computers > PC Gaming

Post New Thread Reply

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2009, 02:04 PM   #1: [Thread] [Post]
Bernard
Veteran Member

Decade Award 

Veteran Member

Press Start
Movie Making & Motion Capture

I'm interested in making my own movie (like Dead Fantasy on youtube). Monty Oum claimed to use this software for the making of his short CG movies:

Poser 8
61.18 MB
Rendering, Animating, Rigging
$249.99

Director MX
36.24 MB
Compositing
$1,199

Maya
Unknown file size
Modeling
$1995

Particle Illusion
10.93 MB
Particle effects -
$79

Adobe Premiere
132.6 MB
Timeline, Syncing final output
79.99 or $799

Xnview
4.19 MB
Image Conversion
$0 Yep, free

Though I don't have the software at the time being, I was considering getting it over time. Do you think those programs are a good combination for movie making?

Also, do you know where and for how much I can get motion capture equipment (the dotted suits used by actors to emulated precise human motions in CG movies and video games).

Speaking of, what kind of software/hardware would I need to create my own video game for, say, PS3, PSP, DS, or PC?

Thank you much.

Quote Bernard edited at 02:06 PM (December 16th, 2009) (Reason: Change text spacing and bold)

Live & Learn

Old December 16th, 2009, 05:55 PM   #2: [Thread] [Post]
Bain
Commander of The Keen

Veteran Member

Press Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
I'm interested in making my own movie (like Dead Fantasy on youtube). Monty Oum claimed to use this software for the making of his short CG movies:

Poser 8
61.18 MB
Rendering, Animating, Rigging
$249.99

Director MX
36.24 MB
Compositing
$1,199

Maya
Unknown file size
Modeling
$1995

Particle Illusion
10.93 MB
Particle effects -
$79

Adobe Premiere
132.6 MB
Timeline, Syncing final output
79.99 or $799

Xnview
4.19 MB
Image Conversion
$0 Yep, free

Though I don't have the software at the time being, I was considering getting it over time. Do you think those programs are a good combination for movie making?

Also, do you know where and for how much I can get motion capture equipment (the dotted suits used by actors to emulated precise human motions in CG movies and video games).

Speaking of, what kind of software/hardware would I need to create my own video game for, say, PS3, PSP, DS, or PC?

Thank you much.
You're really going all out. These guys have a motion suit product, but don't have any pricing or ordering form. So, you probably have to contact them about it.

Old December 19th, 2009, 01:57 AM   #3: [Thread] [Post]
CaptainSpoon

Grunt
i personally know nothing about CG work but my buddy who does work with cg stuff uses Maya. for editing the videos together, you won't really get more bang for your buck than adobe premier. if you want to really spend the money Avid is a much more powerful program.

Old December 19th, 2009, 02:09 PM   #4: [Thread] [Post]
Bernard
Veteran Member

Decade Award 

Veteran Member

Press Start
Thanks. Do you know if it's possible to copy models from an existing PS3 game. I have Smackdown VS Raw 08 and used the character creator to make my own original characters, and they are perfectly in sync with how I pictured them in my scripts. I would very much like to port them into my movie.

I've found some mocaps online recently, but they're significantly more expensive then expected, so I'll have to program motion by hand. They sit within the $25,000 range.

And about game creating, it must be possible to do with a small team and low budget because there are hacked roms of games like street fighter and Sonic the hedghog where the levels and characters have been completely changed.

Live & Learn

Old January 26th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #5: [Thread] [Post]
Bernard
Veteran Member

Decade Award 

Veteran Member

Press Start
More about animation

Something that caught my attention on youtube recently was the incorporation of 3D animated characters, objects and special effects into real video footage.

I'm learning more about Lightwave, especially now that I bought this 1000 page book for it. But can lightwave do this, or would I need a different program?

I love Lightwave because it can do things that would otherwise require multiple different programs.

The first project I'd like to make if I could do this would be a short video of a robot getting me a beer from the fridge. I could show it to my friends and see if they think it is a real rebot. The robot in the book looks very real.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSpoon View Post
i personally know nothing about CG work but my buddy who does work with cg stuff uses Maya. for editing the videos together, you won't really get more bang for your buck than adobe premier. if you want to really spend the money Avid is a much more powerful program.
I haven't used Maya, but Lightwave is said to be better then Maya in the sense of layers. As Maya saves each layer as a different file, Lightwave keeps each object's layer in its own file, great for organization. I tried a sample version of Avid and it kept crashing with my computer. Thanks anyways

Quote Bernard edited at 04:39 PM (January 26th, 2010) (Reason: Multi-Post)

Live & Learn

Post New Thread Reply

GameWinners.com Forums > Consoles & Technology > Computers > PC Gaming