PDA

View Full Version : Soul Gems in Oblivion

1Pac
November 30th, 2007, 01:33 AM
I want to enchant my armor, but if i get a grand soul gem and i get a lesser soul, will it stay as a lesser soul?

Flame
November 30th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Yes. If you want a grand soul, you have to find one and capture it.

1Pac
December 1st, 2007, 12:42 AM
what kind of things have grand souls?

Asassin_Pod_3
December 1st, 2007, 01:09 AM
I don't think it matterswhat you kill as much as is much you kill.

Simple
December 1st, 2007, 02:39 AM
I don't think it matterswhat you kill as much as is much you kill.
But it does. You'd hardly expect a rat to have the same quality soul as a Xivilai, would you?

Here (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Souls#Souls_Alphabetically) is a list of monsters with their soul level listed.

Asassin_Pod_3
December 4th, 2007, 08:25 PM
I know that, I ment that you can kill multiple things to equal up to the soul gems level, if that's the case anyways. If you ment the creature with the most soul level then disregard what I said earlier, also if you complete Azura's shrine you will get a soul gem that never disappears from your inventory. although I'm not quite sure where to find the shrine.

Ehtereon
December 4th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I know that, I ment that you can kill multiple things to equal up to the soul gems level

If you mean you can take like 4 lesser souls and put them into a grand soul gem as a grand soul then you are wrong. One soul/gem. (unless its Hermanous Mora's Black soul gem)

Asassin_Pod_3
December 8th, 2007, 11:43 PM
No, I mean something like this 3 bears=grand or something along the lines of that.

P.S. That was just an example and was not true that 3 bears=grand soul level.

Simple
December 9th, 2007, 12:41 AM
But you're still wrong. 1 soul per soul gem.

Asassin_Pod_3
December 9th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Yeah I just realized that when I was playing, I don't really use soul gems much to know anything about them.

Simple
December 9th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Then please avoid posting incorrect information. If you don't know, don't tell.