PDA

View Full Version : No...NO....Oh PLEASE NOO!!

The Flame
November 22nd, 2007, 07:07 PM
Okay I turned on my DS today, started up Fire Red. I was going to try yet another attempt at catching Mewtwo. Same old opening screen, nothing new. So then this screen comes up with nothing but the words "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed". I get a little worried. Then I press A and the game continues normally....but as a new game...:blush:. Please don't tell me the memory's died. The game's not that old...

IIMarckus
November 22nd, 2007, 07:53 PM
I've only heard of that message appearing in emulators or on flash carts. Is your FireRed a legitimate cartridge?

Apparently the problem is a result of save file type, which should be Flash 128K.

COKTAL
November 22nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
Do you have your internet hocked up to the internet. If so, some one could have sent you a virus last time you used it, it has happened to my Wii once but I some how fixed it. Why don't you try it again in a GBA system or SP? That might have your file come up.

Shur'tugal
November 23rd, 2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by COKTAL
Do you have your internet hocked up to the internet

Did you mean:

Do you have your DS hocked up to the internet.

COKTAL
November 23rd, 2007, 09:11 AM
Ya, I was really tired when I made that post so I wasn't really paying attention. Sorry abou that.

The Flame
November 23rd, 2007, 11:46 AM
If you're asking if I have Wi-Fi, yes. But, I don't see how that matters since it can't connect to wifi during that game.

I was just playing the game like normal, no cheat device or anything.

COKTAL
November 23rd, 2007, 11:49 AM
Ya, but some people have found out how to trace to game systems through their computers, because that has happened to my Wii on PBR once so it might have happened when you played another game (on the internet).

The Flame
November 23rd, 2007, 11:59 AM
Well, I still don't see how that would work...none of my other games have messed up...

Haze
November 24th, 2007, 06:28 PM
I would contact the manufacturer of your DS. There should be a sticker on the back of your DS that has a number that you can call. Contact them, the sooner the better.

Rawrh.
November 24th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Is your game from China or Japan?

IIMarckus
November 24th, 2007, 09:08 PM
It's doubtful that this has anything to do with the DS itself. More likely, it's a problem with the cartridge. Either the save memory has worn out or it's a counterfeit cartridge.

To establish if it's a real FireRed cartridge, look inside. You don't have to open it -- just look above the contacts. If you see "(C)2001 Nintendo AGB-E02-20" written on the circuit board, it's a real cartridge; otherwise it's a counterfeit.

Also, you might want to try googling the error message (http://www.google.com/search?q=The+1M+sub-circuit+board+is+not+installed&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a).

The Flame
November 25th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Not counterfeit.

Everything I searched on it talked about some ROM thing...but it says you can't go farther than the elite four. I've gotten past it and played over and over, eventually deciding to go after mewtwo, before it happened.

IIMarckus
November 25th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Not counterfeit.Since it's a real cartridge, then it undoubtedly has a problem with the saving mechanism. Does the game still save when you start a new game?Everything I searched on it talked about some ROM thing...but it says you can't go farther than the elite four. I've gotten past it and played over and over, eventually deciding to go after mewtwo, before it happened.The common incarnation of the problem occurs when people play the game in an emulator with the incorrect save type. In these cases, the problem generally isn't found until after the Elite Four, because most people who emulate use the "save state" function (basically a snapshot of the current RAM) instead of the in-game save function; thus, beating the Elite Four is generally the first time they've actually used the in-game save.

I've never heard of this problem occurring in a real cartridge before, but it's definitely possible for it to happen. Does the game still save and continue normally?